Photo

I miss my dreams of flying

Posted by xRainx , 21 June 2013 · 113 views

I miss the days when my reoccurring dream was about flying.

It took awhile for me to learn to fly. At first, I'd run, and jump, and hover. But soon, I progressed to gliding over everyone and everything around me. But I would always come down after a few moments of peace.

As I grew older and my dreams grew bigger, I was finally able to take to the skies at will. I was able to be one with the world above for as often and as long as I wanted.

My powers of flight became the powers of a hero. I'd spend my nights battling vampires, zombies and people. They didn't scare me. They couldn't touch me.

Sometimes, I would even have wings.

But since I was first hurt, my dreams of flight have not returned. Now it's variations of the things that have happened to me. Now I am helpless. Now I am always rooted to the ground. Now, I wake up in fear and tears. Never the elation that I once knew.

Last night, I dreamed I was running through a town in nothing but a pair of jeans. No one was chasing me, but I had to get away from where I was hurt.

People saw me and I did my best to cover my breast as I rushed past them. They scoffed and jeered that I would be so lewd to run around naked.

I tried to tell them that someone hurt me. That all I could find were my pants. But nothing came out of my mouth.

I found the store were my friend works. I tried to talk to him but nothing came out. He took me to the back room and left me there. Then he returned with a friend. They took pictures of me. Moved my hands away so I couldn't cover myself, so I curled up and covered my face. I told them no. My voice sounded like a child.

When his friend left, my friend propped me up against the wall and took off my pants. He f*cked me.

I didn't say anything.

When he was done, I grabbed my pants and ran. He chased me and called for me. He yelled that he was sorry.

I took to the forest this time so no one would see me naked. I tripped, I fell and then I woke up.

I am so sorry that your dreams of flying have been replaced with dreams like this.
I am so sorry about these dreams of fear, pain, betrayal and loneliness. They sound so distressing and terrifying.

I believe one day you will fly again and have those beautiful dreams.

:metoyou:
Thank y'all. I just want to have a restful night for once. :: sigh ::

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

October 2014

S M T W T F S
26272829 30 31 

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.