Photo

Dont know what to do...

Posted by niki , 06 January 2011 · 12 views

I told my other best friend today what I went through…it was extremely difficult but I felt better after telling her at the time. Now I’m starting to regret telling her, not because she took it the wrong way, she is an amazing friend! but because I don’t want to be a burden to her…I don’t want anyone to worry about me or feel sorry for me. I thought telling more people and talking about it would help me heal but I don’t know if I’m ready to talk about it…I don’t know what to do…why does healing have to be so incredibly hard??

Sometimes friends don't know what to say. When I told my best friend, she was shocked because I had kept it to myself for so long. I found out that you have to build a support group. No one person can be there all the time, no matter how close you are. There is an article under Public Essays under Trauma. It might help.
I know exactly what you mean. My best friend is my roommate at school, and I don't tell anyone what happened to me but because she lives with me she hears me screaming from nightmares and she has a good idea from what I say in my sleep. She is awesome, never asks me about anything and just lets me know that she is there if I ever want to talk to her. Sometimes she wakes me up at night when it gets bad to let me know that it was just a dream, and she hangs out in my room while I cry for a bit just to show me that she is supporting me. I always tell her that I am fine and she doesnt have to stay but she does. I don't want to burden her, and I often times feel like I am. But what I have come to realize, is that she is an amazing friend. And that she would do anything for me, as I would do for her. Try and reverse the role as I do sometimes, I think about what if it was the opposite, and my friend was in pain and needed someone but didn;t want to ask. You would be there for her in a second ya no?

I know how you feel- I don;t talk about it at all, I know how hard it is. And if you aren;t ready to talk it;s okay- she will still be there for you. She;s your friend and as hard as it is talkign to her or having her no. You now know that you can always turn to her if you really need it.

Hope this helps. I don;t know if it makes sense :)

Sometimes friends don't know what to say. When I told my best friend, she was shocked because I had kept it to myself for so long. I found out that you have to build a support group. No one person can be there all the time, no matter how close you are. There is an article under Public Essays under Trauma. It might help.

Thank you! I'm slowly building my support group and eventually ill get there :)

I know exactly what you mean. My best friend is my roommate at school, and I don't tell anyone what happened to me but because she lives with me she hears me screaming from nightmares and she has a good idea from what I say in my sleep. She is awesome, never asks me about anything and just lets me know that she is there if I ever want to talk to her. Sometimes she wakes me up at night when it gets bad to let me know that it was just a dream, and she hangs out in my room while I cry for a bit just to show me that she is supporting me. I always tell her that I am fine and she doesnt have to stay but she does. I don't want to burden her, and I often times feel like I am. But what I have come to realize, is that she is an amazing friend. And that she would do anything for me, as I would do for her. Try and reverse the role as I do sometimes, I think about what if it was the opposite, and my friend was in pain and needed someone but didn;t want to ask. You would be there for her in a second ya no?

I know how you feel- I don;t talk about it at all, I know how hard it is. And if you aren;t ready to talk it;s okay- she will still be there for you. She;s your friend and as hard as it is talkign to her or having her no. You now know that you can always turn to her if you really need it.

Hope this helps. I don;t know if it makes sense :)

I can relate to what you're going through...I also have been having the worst nightmares ever!I wish I had my best friend with me to help me through some nights...I'm glad you have her. I never looked at the situation from her point of view but it makes complete sense and yes I would want to be there for her. Thank you it helped a lot :)

August 2014

S M T W T F S
171819202122 23

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.