Photo

a nice thing...

Posted by missophelia , 12 February 2014 · 76 views

a nice thing... It feels good to have a nice thing happen, which happens to have something to do with the pic I posted.  I'll explain momentarily.

I haven't written since the accident last week.  I've been pretty tired.  Hurting all over. 

I've also been triggered by the accident. 

For the first day and a half after the accident, I was pretty much in shock.  Both physically and emotionally.  Since then, I've had more and more memories of the accident.  Which has triggered memories of the rapes.  I had a nightmare last night, one I haven't had in a long time.  And I've been having body memories of the rapes too.

I talked some about that in my session today.  Dr K totally understands, and says that what I'm going through is normal.

Maybe tomorrow will be a little bit better.

Anyway, to the picture I posted. It is a mala, buddhist prayer beads, that I made.  I used coral beads, turquoise beads, aventurine beads, the guru bead is made of brass and mother of pearl, and then there are brass findings.  It placed first in local judging for the VA art show competition.  Now it will go on to the second round of judging for the competition.  My painting also placed first.

I am particularly proud of my mala.  I made it to use, but found it to be too pretty and worthy of the art competition. 

I have found that using a mala for meditation is extremely helpful to me.  It grounds me, centers me, calms me, in a way.  I feel something like peace when I use it in meditation.  It is almost a freeing feeling. 

So anyway, wish me luck.  I am really hoping my mala wins at the national level. 

Congratulations so far and good luck. The beads are truly beautiful. I love elemental things. I find them grounding. I have much stone/gemstone jewelry. And a Buddha necklace I cherish. And I'm sorry about your wreck, I saw the pic. Of course it's triggering! Take good care.
Photo
missophelia
Feb 12 2014 05:42 PM

Lua_Prime

Thank you so much!  I am glad you have found things like this that are grounding for you. 

And thanks about the wreck.  And for understanding.

Take good care of your self, too.  :)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

September 2014

S M T W T F S
141516 17 181920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.