There is still plenty of time and spaces if you'd like to sign up for the Guest Speaker Chat scheduled for this Saturday!
Welcome to Pandora's Aquarium, a rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivor message board and chat room.
If you've been a victim of any type of sexual violence, you belong here. What you see below represents just a fraction of the resources and survivor support available. Register now to join our community and take full advantage of what this online support group has to offer you as you heal and recover, or sign in to remove this message.
You are not alone, we can support you as you heal, and you've made an important step toward recovery by reaching out. If you are unable to register or have any questions, please contact the staff or view our home page.
Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:28 AM
website - RASASC
0808 802 9999
Number is free from landlines and most mobil networks, its a national number, open 12-2.30 and 7-930pm
Centre runs face to face counseling to women in London, 0208 683 3311 to arrange this.
More details on the website.
Rape Crisis England/Wales
link to website
Good website with many resources and information
Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:26 AM
For male or female survivors - general resources on website and list of agencies by area:
Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:36 PM
I found this place for my secondary
Women's Support Network & Jigsaw - Middlesbrough and Teeside
Support Line and Service Enquiries: 01642 822331
Business Line and Agency Enquiries: 01642 822335
General Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor Email: email@example.com
Independent Sexual violence Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselling Team Email: email@example.com
Address: Women's Support Network, 22 Hoylake Road, Saltersgill, Middlesbrough, TS4 3JL
This post has been edited by jo59: 15 December 2011 - 06:43 PM
Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:47 PM
Helpline: 020 7610 4345
Solace Women's Aid Advice Service offers information, advice and support about domestic and sexual violence.
Freephone 0808 802 5565
This post has been edited by SakuraBloom: 16 December 2011 - 08:53 PM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:51 AM
Call: 0800 0198 668
As of May 2012 they will be opening a refuge for male survivors of domestic violence - see this leaflet below for more information:
mans refuge lft 4902.pdf (166.24K)
Number of downloads: 0
Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:31 PM
RSVP (rape and sexual violence project)
Helpline -01212365763 (open at random times, dependant on people being available)
They have counselors, victims advocates etc.
I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for the support I received here!
Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:00 AM
Drop In assistance; no appointment is required Emotional Support; Practical Support; Support for family members Help to obtain safe accommodation Legal Guidance and where applicable specialist support in Court can be provided and arranged. Assistance with benefit claims Professional counselling All these services are free DIAS Wigan: Local Contact number:01942 495230 (24 hour answering machine service – with immediate ring back). Fax: 01942 491477 Drop in service: Monday – Thursday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (appointments can be made at any time before and after the aforementioned stated times). Agency address: Suite 38, Rodney House, King Street, Wigan WN1 1BT Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Email Link) Police non-emergency: 0161 856 5050.
Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:39 PM
The havens are specialist centres in London for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted. Since the first of the Havens was opened in 2000 we have helped over 20,000 people.
They have three centres based in London:
Camberwell: 020 3299 1599
Paddington: 020 3312 1101
Whitechapel: 020 7247 4787
Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:12 AM
website : www.city-hearts.co.uk
Offers 24/7 residential holistic care for both women & men.
- Two houses for women based in Sheffield, North East, United Kingdom, and one house for men and another for families, based in Liverpool, UK.
City Hearts Restore programme:
- offers support for survivors of violence, CSA, sexual assault, rape, care leavers, women at risk of or who are escaping sexual exploitation, women at risk of homelessness, post-detox, battling addictions, eating disorders and self harm. The Restore programme also offers short-term pregnancy crisis support.
City Hearts Anti-Trafficking:
- Separate Safe Houses for men and women leaving prostitution and exploitation & survivors rescued from human trafficking.
- Provide a place of safety and love to restore trust, confidence, and hope.
- Work alongside the organizations like The Salvation Army, Police, the UK Human Trafficking Centre (UKHTC), Social Services and other national organisations to provide a safe refuge for those trafficked into and within the UK.
- Support for those who require short to medium term stay in the UK as well as continue to support those wishing to stay longer to find work, housing and other resources as required.
**Soon to be setting up branch in Accra, Ghana to provide more help and a rehabilitation programme in one of the key countries where people are exploited into trafficking.
- Telephone: +44 (0)114 213 2063
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: City Hearts Head Office, The Megacentre, Bernard Road, Sheffield, S2 5BQ.
This post has been edited by PurposeByDesign: 09 May 2013 - 11:14 AM