Photo

when music is the only place for solace...

Posted by HiddenPoet , 01 May 2012 · 74 views

"sometimes every inch of you is bruised
And there's nothing left to prove,
so just hold the one you can't love
in the sweet arms of a tune"
- Missy Higgins

I love Missy Higgins - local Aussie girl from my town. I have been listening to her new song on repeat today. Her songs have traveled with me through many a difficult time in my life.

So here I am again. Really struggling. Feeling angry with my abusive neglectful family. Taking anger out on myself - which I know i don't deserve - but I feel so angry that I am so f*cked up inside

Therapy has been too hard lately. I want to drop out. I spent four hours crying last night - just endless waves of pain. Pain about not having a normal, loving mother who cares about me, who could cut me off so easily. Pain about being abused. Pain about all the horrible childhood memories I have. Pain about not being able to remember one happy memory. Pain about how much I have struggled in my life. Pain about all the therapy I have done, and I am still struggling. It's not fair.

I have so much rage inside me and I don't know where to put it.

My therapist has changed the rules on me - now decided that writing between sessions to her is not a good things. I feel cheated, ripped off, upset, even though I understand why she made that decision.

I just feel so angry and alone.

I am going to try to start writing here again - maybe that will help.

:banghead:

you're not alone...sorry short on words...am sorry you are struggling...hope writing helps!!...hang in there.

August 2014

S M T W T F S
242526 27 282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.