Photo

When one door closes...another opens....

Posted by nikki9320 , 07 November 2012 · 107 views

Today was very productive. I recently started a new job at a local hospital. I am so excited about this new direction in my career path. I can honestly say that even though I have been swamped with new training modules and getting used to a new charting system, I am LOVING EVERY MINUTE!!! I have been so focused on this positive new aspect of my life, I haven't had the time to worry about whether or not my rapist will be released any time soon. I don't really care if they do. I guess what they say is true: the best revenge is knowing that he did NOT destroy my life. He may have knocked me down, but he damn sure CAN'T knock me out!!!

I am feeling very positive today, which is something I haven't felt in a while. I still have my day to day struggles (like blaming myself and questioning how I survived his madness), but I hadn't smiled in a while...until now. It feels pretty good. I want more days like today. :D :hi5: :thumbsup:

July 2016

S M T W T F S
242526 27 282930

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.