Photo

Time moves

Posted by juliekay , 04 October 2013 · 95 views

Been a while since I've written, need to update myself. Still feeling a lot stronger as result of changing number and social media profile. Have noticed that if my partner does something to annoy me I have started to snap back at him. Real actual anger which I would never, ever show to other males in my life before. I used to snap at my kids when they were little and misbehaving but never to anyone my age group, especially guys. I must learn to control it better tho, it is such a new emotion for me and it's damn scary. Hopefully will be able to get a grip on it.

I have also found of late that I have developed a tendency to snap at my partner sometimes - this is something new for me and I am unsure why it has happened.
He luckily understands that I have issues and when it does happened I usually realise what I am doing fairly quickly then apologise. It doesn't happen very often is usually when I am very tired due to insomnia and there is always some kind of trigger - something he says that reminds me of the bad times.

I wonder sometimes if it is in a way a good thing, like I am fighting back at the things that hurt me in the past but I hate hurting him and although he always forgives me in fact says it doesn't matter it makes me realise that I have a lot of work to do to resolve and release the pain of my past. So many triggers are still active.

I have also found of late that I have developed a tendency to snap at my partner sometimes - this is something new for me and I am unsure why it has happened.He luckily understands that I have issues and when it does happened I usually realise what I am doing fairly quickly then apologise. It doesn't happen very often is usually when I am very tired due to insomnia and there is always some kind of trigger - something he says that reminds me of the bad times.I wonder sometimes if it is in a way a good thing, like I am fighting back at the things that hurt me in the past but I hate hurting him and although he always forgives me in fact says it doesn't matter it makes me realise that I have a lot of work to do to resolve and release the pain of my past. So many triggers are still active.

Hi Sammyxxx, really understand and empathize with you. Sounds like we are learning about this anger thing together. One thought I had was that we feel safe with our partners and like we can be "real" with them even tho we feel awful for hurting them. I am sorry you are having so many triggers and I sincerely hope things improve for you very soon. Take care of you

November 2014

S M T W T F S
23242526 27 2829

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.