Photo

I wish....sometimes....

Posted by missophelia , 03 February 2013 · 26 views

It is very frustrating, and I hate it.

The fact that, at times, I wish I felt like I was healing.

Pair that with the fact that, at times, I don't care. At times, I don't want to heal.

I don't know if it's simply my depression talking. Or my anxiety.

But it's just so frustrating, because I can get to the point where I want to work hard at my healing. And then, it's like I suddenly just turn totally the other way, and I don't want to do anything to help myself heal.

And then I get angry. Mostly at myself.

And that just doesn't help.

And then I get more depressed. More anxious.

And then I want to SI. Or I feel like I could care less if I was even alive.

I don't know if any of that makes any sense to anyone. Can anyone relate?

It's like this horrid rollercoaster ride. And I wish I could get off.

I can definitely relate! For me, every step I took forward created an increased level of anxiety that was unbearable. Feeling vulnerable after so many years of protecting myself almost killed me. Hold onto anything you can hon. You will get through this! You are healing with every passing day whether you "feel" it or not.

Much Love! :hug:/> :hug:/> :hug:/>
Photo
missophelia
Feb 03 2013 05:04 PM
Susan

Thank you for your continued encouragement and support. It feels good, and I know I need it right now.

I will hold onto whatever I can.

Lots of love! :hug:/> :hug:/> :hug:/>
yes i can relate too. makes sense to me. susan's reply does too.

but i swing between wanting to recover and have a life, and wanting to hurt myself or quit, all the time...

sending ((((hugs)))). :blanket: :cuppa: :metoyou:
Photo
missophelia
Feb 03 2013 05:58 PM
pink

I'm sorry you can relate.

It's what I've been struggling with now, for quite some time. Just swinging back and forth, like you said. And I'm sorry it's like that for you.

sending ((((hugs)))) to you too. :hug:/> :metoyou:/> :cuppa: :holdhands:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

April 2014

S M T W T F S
1314151617 18 19

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.