Photo

Will I ever stop grieving?

Posted by MS7355 , 20 October 2012 · 9 views

I spent 7 years of my life not acknowledging what happened to me. I blamed it on other things and relationships and when I finally came to terms that I was grieving my SA a year ago I feel as if I am never going to stop. I believe that there is so much that ties into all of this but sometimes for no reason I will feel this overwhelming emotional pain with no idea what triggered it. I want to cry a lot, im exhausted most of the time and I hate it when people need me to take care of them. I barely have the energy to take care of myself and since I have been in therapy for almost 3 years now I wish I knew when this would start to feel better. I am an impatient person also so at times I just get tired of working so hard to feel like a normal person again. Will I ever not feel alarm if someone is walking behind me or not feel short of breath and panicky in a social setting? I want to know what it feels like to be on the other side of this so that I can feel like all of this is worth it. I have moments of wanting to give up and just start behaving the way that I used to but I know I cant do that. I got angry today thinking about getting old and having to take care of the people that I love when they reach an age of no longer being able to take care of themselves. Will I ever feel like that situation is not a burden? I just want people to leave me alone. All of a sudden people in my life are a burden and I get angry when I feel like I need to take care of them. I feel guilty for feeling this way.

November 2014

S M T W T F S
23 24 2526272829

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.