Photo

thoughts to my ex.

Posted by MissHannah , 05 December 2012 · 94 views

I've begun to fear you more than i did, a delayed reaction pehaps?

I think maybe, just the slightest little bit, my mind is beginning to let me really see you for what you are, and actually believe it. This will take me a long time i know that, but now i've had a glimpse at the truth at least i know what direction im heading in.

Theres days where i begin to feel things towards you, it terrifies as well as excites me. The numbness had become like a safety net i suppose. These feelings scare me, but also they show me im capable.

Capable of feeling what i "should" feel towards you. Instead of excusing and protecting and defending.

Capable of healing, most importantly. It shows me im moving forward. Even if its a tiny step and i take 5 more back, i know that its possible now.

And one day those steps are going to add up, til i can begin to lose sight of you.

You won't win.

I just need to find the fight in me.

I can see the fight in you, your strength shows. Let the steps add up and never quit moving forward (:
i think i'm kind of in the same position you are. i have days where i go back and forth in my mind- between getting mad and upset over what they did to me, but also having days where i feel sad that i'm no longer talking to them. i know it'll take time, but just like you said, it's progress and we're showing ourselves that we CAN overcome this. (:

August 2015

S M T W T F S
234 5 678

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.