Photo

Dreaming of freedom

Posted by Irishleo , 02 May 2013 · 86 views

I feel tormented, as if I will never be free of him. How do I release the little girl trapped inside of me from what he did? Am I crazy to fantasize about the adult me being able to burst into my childhood bedroom and attack him before he can hurt the child I was? Such pointless thoughts, and yet I have them often. I never imagine anyone else rescuing me because I know no one else ever would. I'm left alone to take all the blame and pain by myself.

The most recent flashback is extremely graphic so I won't write the details and risk triggering anyone. All I'll say is that what happened in it was so awful, and it just makes me cry thinking about it. I truly don't understand how some people can be so cruel, or so evil.

I just want to be free...

Photo
wavescalmme
May 02 2013 11:40 PM
(((((Irish))))) (if ok)

You talk about saving yourself, have you ever written down from your little girl self how you would save yourself? I think it might be something that would empower the little girl inside you and help with the intensity of your flashbacks. I might be wrong, but isn't it worth a shot?

I am with you on how can people be so cruel and evil? It is beyond my thinking.

Sending you lots of caring and supporting hugs (again if ok) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thinking about you!
Waves
:metoyou:
Thank you waves :hug:

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.