Photo

Christmas as a Child...

Posted by TrudyC , 17 December 2010 · 68 views

I'm currently sitting here on my bed with my laptop. The rain is falling heavily outside, the wind blowing. I like looking out the window at the torrential weather, whilst inside is warm and calm. Listening to some soft music. Both my husband and puppy dog are sleeping soundly. It's a nice feeling...
I log into Pandy's to catch up with friends - it's been a while. Things around this time of year seem to get rather hectic for most people. While me, on the other hand, it tends to be an ordinary day...My husband comes from a life lived on the street as a child, standing on the outside looking in at families celebrating Christmas - seeing their joy and love, yet only feeling cold. When I was young? Before the abuse? I felt that joy and love. Mostly from my grandparents. It wasn't until I read the blog entry of a friend on here that made me reflect, I guess. My grandparents made Christmas special. The warmth and love I would feel (always) in their presence is one thing in this world I will always miss. I remember hearing somewhere that you can't capture special moments forever - no matter what Kodak tells you...But seriously, Christmas as a child is magical. I mourn the death of my grandparents - they were like real parents to me. But I guess, in a way that's even more personal, I mourn the death of my childhood after they left my life. My grandmother still visits me in my dreams - I hold onto her and don't want to let her go. Somehow it's like I know she's gone, but if I hold onto her, perhaps she will return. She always laughs softly and tells me she can't stay. :tear: Gosh, I miss that warmth...

Thank you for reading this...

I miss my grandmother too.

I am sorry for your loss.

Blessings to you.

August 2015

S M T W T F S
2324252627 28 29

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.