Photo

Sad and lonely.

Posted by Shani , 17 December 2013 · 149 views

I honestly hate everyone so freaking much right now.
I have never felt so much anger in my life. That's all I feel lately. Rage.

I feel like everyone around me is completely judging me.
People are so inconsiderate and rude I just don't understand.
What happened to compassion?

Ever friend I try to talk to about any of this just brushes it off and makes the conversation about their own teen drama. Why can't anyone see that I am actually seriously hurt? That this isn't like some stupid petty thing that I will be over by tomorrow morning? Why don't people view this as a serious problem? 

Rape culture in today's society is honestly so pathetic. People treat it like any every day occurrence that means nothing. How would you feel if it happened to you? Why can't you just cut your pathetic teen drama for just one second and realise that there are people out there with real fucking problems.

I am so sick to death of being made to feel like I am completely overreacting. This is why I should just keep to myself. No one cares how sad I am. I feel so isolated. 

I hear you :metoyou:

Adults in town and peers of mine made fun of me and threatened me when my story came out. And they'd tell me I was exaggerating the importance of it. They'd say things like 'it's not like you were raped or anything'. (It was second degree sexual assault, skin on skin contact, but no penetration)

It was horrible.

My incident happened almost a year ago, but it still hurts. I still feel rage. At the boy who did it. At the people who could have helped me. At the people who made it worse. And at the people who stand by the boy who hurt me.

I totally get where you're coming from. But the next step is to just think about what needs to be done to make things better. Just changing your mindset a little will take a lot of the anger away.

Photo
MonicaGhesquiere
Dec 17 2013 10:43 PM

I can completely understand how you are feeling. I am 25 and dealing with a lot of adults that I have to tell and not a lot of people understand the depth of the hurt it causes. Don't get frustrated by that. I turn to this community because it's the only place we can really have the support and understanding we need. In my daily life though I don't get into it much but with maybe one or two people that truly understand...not even my brothers lol. You are NOT overreacting but do understand that unless you've had something similar happen or are formally educated in the area not a lot of people will truly understand. Thats what we are here for? I'm new on here but I rely on this place so much because I can share everything and at least feel like there are A LOT of people that understand exactly how I feel :) Just turn to those, like on here, for your greatest support. At least thats what I do.

Much love,

Monica

February 2015

S M T W T F S
222324252627 28

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.