Photo

trying...

Posted by missophelia , 04 February 2013 · 62 views

To think and feel better about myself. But it is hard.

I put myself down. I hate myself. I want to hurt myself. At times, I want to die.

So, here goes. Maybe sharing this will help in some way?

This is a write up that was done a couple of weeks ago for when I attended the conference in my state for the American Legion Auxiliary. I and some other veterans took some of our artwork and had our pieces set up for all of the conference attendees to see. Partly because they support the military. But also because they help to fund the Creative Arts Festival that is held every fall.

So, here it is:

(Missophelia) served in the US Navy from 1986 to 1990. She was stationed at Naval Facility Centerville Beach in Ferndale, California. She was an OTA3 (Ocean Systems Technician Analyst) and she worked in a secured facility.

(Missophelia) said, "she found art at a young age, and has been artistically expressive since kindergarten." She also says that "art allows her to express emotions and feelings as well as the beauty she finds in the world as seen through her eyes. Without art, she would struggle to cope with the symptoms of PTSD that affect her life, physically, mentally, and emotionally."

(Missophelia) feels her involvement in the National Veterans Creative Arts competition has been rewarding as she has had the opportunity to showcase her work, as well as form healthy supportive relationships.

(Missophelia) has been participating in the National Veterans Creative Arts competition since 2011 where her special recognition piece was received well locally and this inspired her to continue sharing her work. In 2012, she created an acrylic painting called "Noah and His Ark". She placed 3rd at the national level. (Missophelia) has also been receiving music therapy services at the VA, and this year she is entering 2 piano pieces, 1 creative writing piece, 3 art pieces, and a group entry piece. We wish her luck with her entries.

Thanks for letting me share.

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Feb 05 2013 07:54 PM
I hope posting here has helped. That is a very nice write up, thank you for sharing :)
Photo
missophelia
Feb 05 2013 08:28 PM
Untangling,

Not sure if it's helped? Maybe I need some time to see what the impact of sharing it ends up being.

Thanks for reading. :)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

September 2015

S M T W T F S
   1 2345

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.