Kind Words

Shannon

changeofheart

Just having people tell me that they're here for me and that they love me is enough.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serena

• blooregardqkazoo

• Shannon

• Lassie

I don't think this is the right thead for this, but I just wanted to Thank all you who sent me a Happy Birthday PM. It was very kind of you to think of me on my b-day. I think that it is great that there are people in this world that will think of a total stranger on their b-day and take the time out of their day to send someone something nice. It was a very happy moment for me to get an email from you. You are great people and I hope the best for you in the future.

I know that I have not been around here that much recently. I had a bad experience in the chat one night (a long time ago) and that is why I have not been around as much. I felt that I was unheard and under appreicated. I was there because I was feeling down and the people there were just too much into themselves to even talk to me about anything but how much worse that had it then me. I was not there for sorrow from them, but just an encouraging word, but all I got was them wanted me to feel sorry for them. I am not here to be sorry for anyone. I know what it is like to be hurt, but I don't feel sorry for myself. I feel that these experiences has changed me in a way that I can help others in there moment of weakness.

Anyway, when I got these PM's I noticed that there are others out there that are trying to live their lives as best as they can and spread joy to others and not sorrow.

Thank you all again for you happy wishes. They made my day even better. I think you all are great.

Gentle hugs and best of life to you all, Stay safe and keep smiling.

D, you've done nothing to be ashamed of. The blame is all his. Your dad and I are behind you 100% no matter what you decide to do. I'm appauled anyone could treat you like that.

• 9 months later...

To repost what I posted in the "Kind Words" thread in the Healing Together subform:

Thursday my friend apologized for "not being herself" and I responded "You don't have to apologize for anything, after what you went though that is completely understandable".

• 2 months later...
mockingbird

"You're so brave."

Simple but impacting :)

"I love you, baby, and I'm always here for you if you ever need to talk about it. Don't be scared."-My girlfriend Sarah.

That was what Sarah said right after I told her what happened to me. It really meant a lot to me.

Danny.

• 5 months later...

My friend Joey keeps telling me that time will heal me, and if I look for answers, I'll find them. When I'm breaking down, he holds me and keeps telling me he's there....it just really helps.

• 4 months later...

It's not your imagination.

Do you need me to say it? "You were raped."

It was that bad!

No means no, stop means stop no matter when you said it.

It doesn't matter what the circumstances were, it's not your fault.

This is completely normal.

I've been there too.

You will get better.

• 5 weeks later...
theycallmekitty

I wrote this down in my journal soon after. I found it again today and I think it might be the wisest thing I've ever written: "You may not be happy today and you may not be happy tomorrow but one day, I promise, you'll be happy again." Sixteen year old me wasn't completely dumb.

• 3 weeks later...

"Don't ever think that I wouldn't drop everything to be there for you."

"I also suspect that your Father has missed you...and is dying to welcome you, just as you are, back into His loving arms."

"It's not your fault."

"You were a child --you didn't have the resources or perspective to stop it."

PhoenixxRising

In response to me feeling like my reaction made it okay-- "And what justification-ever-makes it okay?"

-my boyfriend :heart:

• 3 weeks later...

"You are too strong to let this destroy you. Jeanette, you are brilliant. I refuse to believe that this will be your legacy. You will more than survive. You will thrive."

greenteahero

When i was feeling like my story isn't that bad a friend said:

"Its bad because it happened to YOU...."

And another friend encouraged me to talk about it by saying:

"You're the one who went through it. Don't feel bad telling me about it, I'm just listening."

Another friend says to me "You must be hurting" . its comforting to have someone acknowledge that for me, because I can't bring myself to admit it.

• 1 month later...

THE KINDESS THING THAT WAS TOLD TO ME WAS MY LIFE IS NOW LIKE A JIGSAW BUT DAY BY DAY PIECE BY PIECE YOU WILL MAKE IT WHOLE AGAIN AND CREATE A PICTURE WORTH LOOKING AT AND TOGETHER WHEN YOU GET STUCK ON A PIECE CALL ME AND I WILL HELP YOU REBUILD IT

-Silence and tears. About 6 months before my r*pe, my friend told that I should limit my bar visits. I was expecting some comment like "I said so" from her.

One thing that has helped me that many others have done; people I know as well as people I have just met: shown me respect, treated me like the person that i am, a worthy human being.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I felt compelled to share an email that my genetics professor just sent me this morning. I am fairly close to him - well, for a professor-student relationship anyway, and I also work in his lab - and he noticed that I was not acting like myself. So I finally decided to tell him yesterday that I had been date raped four weeks ago. Anyway, it said:

Hi Kayla,

Had a couple thoughts:

First, you should feel free to talk to me anytime, day or night. You know how to find me at school, you have my cell phone #, and you know where I live. I’m very happy to talk, on the phone or in person anytime, no problem. I’m not a trained counselor, but I might be a good person to talk with.

Second, all I can think of to say at the moment is that there are a lot of good people in this world, and there is a lot of good work, and good living to do. If you don’t feel much like engaging in work or living right now, I think that’s fine, as long as you know in your heart that you will be doing it when you are ready.

The last paragraph, especially, made me want to cry. I just can't believe that someone - especially a man - could be that kind. And I do have hope.

Edited by KaylaIs

• 4 months later...

sometimes the kindest words come in written form

I questioned is it rape if you start, change your mind, and say stop

written in an article, by someone who didn't even

know I existed and wasn't just telling me what I wanted to hear,

was my answer, YES.

and I had incredible friends:

when all I could say was the short version, "I said stop, he didn't"

they said that's all we need to know

When I said, "it wasn't a classic rape case"

they said, "it never iS"

"you were so brave!" the day I finally left him

when I thanked my best friend for everything

"you don't have to thank me, that's what I'm here for"

I still couldn't tell my story out loud but I wrote it out for the councelor

when I asked her if it sounded like rape she said "yes", and "what he did to

you sounds pretty terrible",

and here I was thinking it wasn't so bad and I don't deserve to be here.

It's not your imagination.

It was that bad!

No means no, stop means stop no matter when you said it.

It doesn't matter what the circumstances were, it's not your fault.

This is completely normal.

I've been there too.

You will get better.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

It helps to read that, it helps a lot.

My husband did that for me too and it helped.