Photo

Talking.

Posted by Tsuena , 19 August 2013 · 49 views

So I have faint, hazy memories of writing something last night, tipsy, hazy and not really very me. Except the self-criticism. That was me. As ever. What did I do with that blog post? Don't remember. I clearly decided not to carry on writing it. Hmm, shocking.

Anyway. I need to go back to counselling. I'm noticing a definite trend in levels of anxiety when I haven't been for a while. It's been... at least six weeks now. I'm a bit of a wreck. A very hazy wreck. (Still can't bring myself to call it dissociating, not when some of you turned yourself into multiple people through dissociating. I know there's a spectrum, I know. But still. 'Hazy' will do.) Unfortunately, I'll have to re-register myself or something. I don't know why. More trauma for their patients, I guess.

Last time I ended up not going to counselling for four weeks (I kept oversleeping, because I'm a horrible human being), I started getting massive adrenaline rushes. I don't really know at what point it counts as an anxiety attack, but I tend to just get... underlying fear. I feel like I'm constantly on edge. That feeling like you've just nearly fallen and caught yourself. Everything a bit shaky, everything alert but hazy at the same time. Adrenaline rushes down the back of my neck, sometimes through my feet, for some weird reason. The exact same feeling I get if I've just nearly fallen down the stairs, or something.

Definite link to not going to counselling. I don't know if it'd get better in time. To be honest, I don't really want to find out. I don't know if counselling helps, but I know that I feel like I deserve it. Perhaps that's it. I'm increasingly wondering how much of everything I feel is an overload of the past nine years of growing depression and self-hate, finally feeling like it's valid because something happened to me, something mattered. I don't know. I don't like thinking about it. It makes me feel petty and overdramatic.

(It also makes the so-called 'validity' of my feelings tip in the balance whenever I question in my head if what happened to me really was rape. And that happens a lot. I know I moan a lot about it, but right this second, I'm so glad my head has such incredible automatic defences, or I think I'd have crashed several times by now.)

Geez, this is very stream-of-consciousy today, isn't it? Well, at least whoever reads this crap can see the ridiculous extent to which I self-analyse.

Back to the point, wherever it went. I need to go back to counselling (or I at least want to).

Problem 1) I need to decide whether to go back to the same counsellor, who I didn't like or trust all that much.

Problem 1a) If not, I need to decide whether to go to the same crisis centre who only seem to have volunteer counsellors, and whether this is a problem, and whether I'd do better with someone who might be able to do more than just listen to me self-analysing.

Problem 1ai) If not, I need to go to my doctors and get referred. Or self-refer, I guess, however that works. Probably better. I hate my GP. She called me fat and lazy when I'd been comfort eating from being sexually assaulted, the bitch.

Either way, I need to pick up a phone. I hate phones. I hate hate hate phones.

Well this was originally gonna be a list of things I need to talk to my counsellor about, but I might save that for later. I hadn't even quite registered how to solve the extended problem above. I guess I need to do that... waiting lists seem to be long in this part of the country. Sigh.

To anyone who actually reads this crap, I love you for it. Come say hi, just so I can hug you.

Geez, I sound a little bit frazzled today. Gonna go... fry my head or something. Bleurgh.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
202122 23 242526

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    Shakes
    Tsuena - Aug 07 2013 03:45 PM
  • Photo
    Shakes
    Parlophone - Aug 07 2013 01:38 AM
  • Photo
    Party...?
    Tsuena - Jul 17 2013 09:19 PM
  • Photo
    Party...?
    Susanna - Jul 15 2013 01:59 AM
  • Photo
    Memory
    Parlophone - Jul 13 2013 04:01 AM

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.