Photo

hard session....

Posted by missophelia , 26 March 2013 · 36 views

Extremely hard. I don't really talk face to face with anyone about my SI'ing. Dr K was glad I brought it up today though.

It was very hard. Talking about a wide range of emotions, why I do it, the negatives, the positives. Why I did it this past week.

It is such a private thing for me. She asked to see my wounds, and I didn't want to show her, but I did.

The only good part of it, besides being able to talk about it, as strange as that sounds given the fact that it was so hard and that I don't like talking about it, the only good part of it is that Dr K reacted the way I was hoping she would. She didn't yell, or scold, she wasn't judgmental. She was gentle with me, which I needed.

We did focus more on the negatives, moreso, I think, because she wants me to remember the negatives next time, before I SI.

I'm not sure how I feel about everything we talked about, I need some time to process it all. The only real problem I have is that she wants me to throw my tool away. And I don't know if I can do that.

And what's to keep me from buying a new one....

Today has not been wonderful. But I do feel a sense of relief, or something like it. Maybe sharing what I did with Dr K today will be helpful? Maybe it will help me get my head straight again where SI is concerned, because between my anger, and my depression and anxiety, and all of the emotions I'm feeling surrounding my SI'ing, my relapse into SI has been hard, and right now I'm not feeling like I want to get straight and stop.

Miss, you are worth this effort. Keep trying ;)
Photo
missophelia
Mar 26 2013 03:36 PM
Nevetuli

thank you. I will try :)
Photo
missophelia
Mar 27 2013 05:14 AM
Susan

Thank you. I think that's what Dr K meant. It would take effort to go and buy another tool. And it might make it easier for me to think before I did anything. I haven't thrown it away yet. Hard to explain, but it feels like a security blanket.

Anyway, I am trying. And thanks for all you say, and for being proud of me.

Lots of love!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

December 2014

S M T W T F S
212223242526 27

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.