Photo

back on antidepressants

Posted by bluebutterfly , 30 November 2013 · 161 views

I haven't written in months.  I went back on antidepressants three and a half weeks ago--the depression got worse in October and became so severe that I realized I needed to get help.  I felt very defeated that I wasn't able to get off the medication.  I was doing so well last January and had made so many positive lifestyle changes that I felt sure I was making the right decision.  

Contradictorily, I also have been berating myself for going off the medication in the first place.  i was stable, things were going well--why change anything?  I ended up back in a nightmare of severe depression that I thought I would never be in again.  Being depressed for months has also destroyed many plans I had and sent my life into a mess again.  

To make matters worse, so far the medication isn't working.  I went back on Celexa, which I'd taken for five years and was working pretty well.  It's only been three and a half weeks so I hope it starts working soon.  My doctor just added Deplin in the hopes that would make the Celexa work faster.  

Every day is so difficult when you're severely depressed.  I am going to go to the gym today, even though I have no desire to go.  

Amazing :) the gym is the way to go.... You seem to be challenging yourself.... keep going, it can only get better.
Photo
bluebutterfly
Dec 03 2013 03:36 PM

Thank you so much for your support, Baudelaire! Yes, I'm hoping it gets better.  

January 2015

S M T W T F S
2526272829 30 31

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.