Photo

something I want to share...

Posted by missophelia , 16 March 2013 · 36 views

And right now, it doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. But maybe it can be something I can hang on to, and it can help to bring me out of my depression.

C, who ran the art show at my VA last month, approached me last week. Someone from a local organization, is having an art show in May, and wants to exhibit some works of local veterans. C asked me if she could give my contact info to the woman who is planning the show.

I have spoken with this woman. It looks like I will be able to have some of my works featured in the art show.

So, this woman asked if I could email her photos of a couple of my paintings, along with a bio/statement. So, the following is the bio/statement I wrote, and just recently emailed to her.

I am a veteran of the United States Navy. I served from 1986 to 1990. I was stationed at Naval Facility Centerville Beach, in Ferndale, California, and worked in a secured facility.

I found art at a young age, and have been artistically expressive since kindergarten. Art allows me to express emotions and feelings, as well as the beauty I find in the world, as seen through my eyes. I have a great affinity for trees. I am drawn to them. To me, they represent the beauty of creation, and the soul of the universe. So they are a theme in a great number of my works.

In my mind art is not simply meant to illustrate what is real. It is also meant to illustrate what is in your mind. Your imagination, what you see, and how you see it. The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly. Or just that magical wonder that makes you, you. Let the world see you and who you are.

As I said at the beginning of this post, maybe this whole thing is something I can hang on to. Maybe my words can help to bring me out of my depression. Maybe being in the show will help.

Because I just don't know what will help anymore.

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Mar 16 2013 06:49 PM
I think that is a beautiful write up you submitted. I think it is wonderful you are being asked to exhibit your work! It also gives you a goal and something to focus on, and I think that is important. The problem with depression is the inward focus on the self, and it's just negative thoughts feeding on themselves. Anything you can do to break that negative feedback loop is a positive thing. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Mar 16 2013 07:12 PM
Untangling

Thank you. I am really going to try. :hug: :hug: :hug:
This is great missophelia, good luck with everything :hug: :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Mar 17 2013 05:49 AM
MissHannah

Thank you. :) :hug: :hug:
You are welcome :) xx
I am glad to hear someone has noticed your beautiful creative soul in your art and wish to display it. It is something that is just yours alone and that is something to be excited about. I am so happy for you and I do hope it lifts your depression.

I liked what you wrote as well.

Take good care of you as your deserve all the good things in life. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Mar 17 2013 01:16 PM
bellachai

thank you for all you say. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

April 2014

S M T W T F S
131415161718 19

Recent Comments

Tags

4 user(s) viewing

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

4 user(s) viewing

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.