Photo

trying to make sense...

Posted by missophelia , 29 December 2012 · 29 views

Of how I've been feeling.

I am wondering. Is having to confront the trauma like I've been doing with trauma processing, is that having something to do with how I have been feeling?

Never before in therapy did I really confront it like I have done with Dr K.

I think that, before, there was always a way that I could run from confronting it, if I wanted to.

With Dr K, I couldn't. She wouldn't let me. She still won't. She calls me on it when I try to avoid. And, to be honest, I do that quite often.

Although there are times that I'd like to be able to. Lately, I've been dealing with memories, and some nightmares. I've been triggered a few times, and have been experiencing some anxiety around men in general.

I'm going to try, but I'm also going to try to not think too hard about, writing more often. I know it helped me in the past.

I'm hoping that it will help me again.

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Dec 30 2012 09:58 AM
I think it will help you to write again. It might not feel that way initially. But I think writing is helpful because you are reaching out when you do that, and you are then not alone with everything. This is what needs to be done to get things out of you and release the feelings that have been bottled up inside you for so long.

I think you are doing a lot of hard work right now and it makes sense to me that this would be why you are feeling the way you are. I am sorry it is so hard. Please know though that when you get through to the other side it will be better. You have a good therapist and you have supports in place around you. :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Dec 30 2012 02:08 PM
Untangling

Maybe I do need to write, just to get everything out. Right now there is a whole lot bottled up inside of me.

Thank you for being so encouraging, and for giving me hope, my friend. :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

January 2015

S M T W T F S
25262728 29 3031

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.