Photo

Playing catch up

Posted by greengoddess72 , 07 February 2013 · 50 views

I was in the middle of writing a blog a couple of years ago when my partner found it, so I had to take it down. So, now that I've found this place, I feel like I can start it up again.

I am a 40 year old female, currently in a 10 year lesbian relationship. I was raped at 19, just a few weeks short of my 20th birthday. I was a virgin. The rapist was my then boyfriend. I'll be copying some of my old letters and any old stuff I can find. This blog will be anything but chronological. Just random stuff I remember or think of at the moment.

I named the blog 'From Mensa to Mental' because I used to be really smart. I mean really smart! I don't know what happened. Well, I do. It was the rape. But it took a couple of years for it to sink in and really affect me. Though it did creep in almost immediately, but in ways I didn't realize or just didn't want to see until later in life. I have just recently begun to piece everything together. I had a couple of years of therapy about 3 years after the incident for about 3 years in total. With my recent anniversaries, I think I've had some sort of break and I think I might need to go back.

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds right now, so I'll have to find a place with a sliding scale. And someplace close so I don't have to spend a lot of money on gas. I'll let you know.

just wanted to let you know theres something with the blogs here being open to nonmembers. dont have a blog myself so dont know how it works, just thought i mention it

:metoyou:
I'm glad that you will be able to write again. I was keeping a journal on my laptop. but since it is the only "computer" in the house i let my bf on it and so i wuld keep changing the password so I knew he couldn't get in it and one day I had forgotten what i changed it too so i would have to start all over again. i am glad I don't have to worry about that here. And glad that you don't have to worry either. happy writings to you...

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.