Photo

art...

Posted by missophelia , 18 August 2013 · 69 views

Not many words tonight. Included is a pic of one of my latest drawings. Click on the pic to see larger.

Attached Image

Sometimes, the best road
is the one you make.

Thanks for looking, and have a great night everyone.

I know you are not seeking a critique but I can't help but notice the barren tree/road. It seems that way to me too, no joy or beauty on this road. Maybe it's possible to see it one day. Anyway, thank you for sharing - I like the concept of building your own road -very empowering.

Photo
missophelia
Aug 19 2013 08:51 AM
Hey Zelda

Thanks for the comment. It got me thinking.

I think that when I drew this, I was trying to keep it minimalist in a way. But also, leaving a road undefined. So whoever looks at it can define it in whatever terms they are feeling or want to see it as.

But I get what you say, about it lacking joy or beauty. I don't know if that was my intention, to lack those things.

And yeah, I like the saying.

Thanks again. :)
yes, my projection - but that is what it did for me, got me thinking, (your drawing)
Photo
missophelia
Aug 19 2013 09:37 AM
I think your comments were valid. That is how it looks.

I'd much rather hear what you or anyone has to say. :)

I think if an artist can't take criticism or someone else's opinion or feeling on their art, then that's a reflection of the artist.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
67891011 12

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.