Photo

Wedding Jitters

Posted by Sammyxxx , 29 August 2013 · 164 views

So tomorrow is my Wedding Day and since the arrival of my In Laws to be earlier this week I have been uber sore all over and sleeping for longer than I have for months. The extra sleep should be welcome but it has been the disturbed kind where I wake myself up talking and so I am still feeling tired all day. Prior to their arrival I had been through the last few months getting only 5 or six hours a night max.

I went to the local well womans clinic on Monday to try and find out what was wrong with my vulva - I have been suffering with burning sensations and irritation for months now - I had thought it was thrush initially but all the tests came back clear and after several visits to my GP and a lot of pushing they finally referred me on. Anyway the upshot is that I have Vulvadynia but the surprising thing for me was after a lengthy consultation and her asking me a raft of questions she came up with PTSD as a route cause for it and all my other aches and pains now make sense and fit in with it as well.

So now I finally have a diagnosis that makes sense and explains so much of what I have been through in my life to date. I have been prescribed Gabapentin for nerve pain so will e interested to see if it has a positive effect over the next few weeks, I have also agreed to go for some counseling sessions when I get back from my honeymoon - this is something I have never done always telling myself I had things under control - despite all the night terrors and feelings of fear, panic and everything else.

My partner has been very understanding about my emotional up and downs since we met - he now understands them a little better following this huge piece of the jigsaw being fitted into place as do I. Having this diagnosis is some kind of comfort that I am not imagining everything - my pain is real. Now I begin on my path to healing I am sure it will also have many twists and turns but I feel some hope for the future now.

I am with a good man whom I love very much - he loves me too and will do all he can to help me through everything. Getting teary now so may write more later.

I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm glad you have someone who you love and who loves you and will support you through this.

Be kind to yourself - you are going through a lot with a lot of emotions of all kinds.

:metoyou:

March 2015

S M T W T F S
12345 6 7

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.