Posted by missophelia , 10 January 2013 · 32 views

Obstacles to my healing...

urges to SI
inability to create
depression
anxiety
anger
the way I feel, and think, and believe, about myself

Obviously a list of things I need to work on.

I haven't been on medications in just about a year. Dr K and I talked about that at my last session. She has been, and is, very concerned about me. Just a quick catch up.

I have been very depressed, and mixed in with that, I have had some absolutely horrid panic/anxiety attacks, over the past almost 4 weeks. I don't know if it was just the holidays? It's all still there, so I'm not sure about how much the holidays have contributed to how I've been feeling.

I spent a few nights on the hotline chatline. That's how bad it's been. Because I NEVER call or connect online with the hotline. But the waves of anxiety sweeping over me with sudden overwhelmingness, that prompted me to call.

I have also come close to SI'ing, and also to buying a quantity of pills.

Come close.

Anyway, Dr K thinks meds may be a way for me to work on combating the depression and anxiety. Although I am hesitant to start taking meds again, I told Dr K I would at least sit down with a psychiatrist and talk about it.

The other things on my list are things I will have to just chip away at. Even if it's as slowly as I can manage. But I can at least try.

There is a quote I'd like to include here.

"I can see no failure in trying. The only failure I see is in not trying at all."

So, yeah, I can at least try.

BTW, those words of wisdom were penned by....missophelia :)

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Jan 12 2013 09:42 AM
You are right - the only failure is in not trying. And you have definitely been trying and continue to try, despite how difficult it is.

I hope you can find some sort of medication solution that you can feel comfortable with. The right medication will give you some relief from all these symptoms, and will help you. I am glad you aren't ruling it out.

Keep reaching out :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Jan 12 2013 01:14 PM
Untangling

Thanks, and I will try to keep reaching out.

:hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
26272829 30 31 

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.