Photo

Peace and anxiety - fighting for control

Posted by Reenie565 , 19 May 2012 · 43 views

This is strange, and new. I feel calm and peaceful, then filled with anxiety, then peace comes again. I'm taking this as a good sign, a sign that there is peace beyond the fear.

I have accomplished more today than I've been able to do on most Sat. But I'm afraid to push it because I feel the anxiety just below the surface, waiting to strike. I feel it now as I write this. There will be a price to pay for the calm beginning of the day. There will be a return of the fear and self doubt. But for now, I'm fighting to hold on to the peace, I'm fighting to keep breathing slowly and keep moving forward.

If I could do what I should do today and get through all the errands and chores, then go to a family BBQ without a full on panic attack, it will be the 1st saturday in months that I've acheived this. To be normal, if I can only have this one day to feel normal, do normal everyday things.

Deep breath. Hold on. Don't let the anxiety win.

September 2014

S M T W T F S
21 222324252627

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

My Friends' Blogs

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.