Photo

Father Lost

Posted by cordeliaVorkosigan , 18 July 2012 · 87 views

"When a man has taken upon himself to beget children," Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote to Sophia Peabody, his fiancee, in 1841, "he has no longer any right to a life of his own."

My ex seems to have forgotten he has a son again. It's been a month. I guess, like a child with a toy, he has lost interest again. The saddest element to this tragedy is that he will never know or understand what he is missing in the relationship he could have had with his son. I still, to this day, look back on our marriage and wonder where that father went. Where did the man go that thought family was most important? Oh, I forgot, he has a new family to focus on. Seeing your child 2 or 3 times a year does not make you a father.

:tear:

Oh dear...this is very sad indeed. I'm sorry for you and your son. It's your son that will suffer the consequences of your ex's irresponsible selfishness.

Take care.
Ciao...xo,
Szil

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.