Photo

highs met by lows....

Posted by missophelia , 11 August 2013 · 47 views

I didn't blog last night. I know I said I would every night, and I would have last night. But instead I was unexpectedly staying at a friend's house. So, instead of being home, I was there, having a good time. I went swimming, had some good food, and learned a new game. Since it was the first time I'd been to her house, and mapquest directions are hard to read in the dark, and since I was also borrowing my ex's extremely large truck, I decided to take her up on her offer to stay at her house.

Her family was really nice, and another one of our friends was also there. Plus, she has a cute doggie.

I made friends with these women because they are in the women's group I am attending at my VA. I think it was good that I overcame my feelings and fears of joining the group. I have had some majorly bad experiences with group settings. This group has been good.

Anyway, yesterday/last night/this morning, was definitely a high. I had a good time. I had fun. I was able to relax. I was happy. And for a little while, I was able to forget about all that is going on in my life. Including having to buy a new car. I discussed how I am feeling about having to have my father's help.

And BTW, those who commented on my last blog post were really helpful. Thanks.

My friends last night have echoed everything everyone else has said to me. That everyone needs help sometimes. And that I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

I don't know. It's so much easier to say to myself, then to actually do.

But back to yesterday. It was a high. I got home this morning around 11. Took a short nap. I've been pretty tired lately, regardless of how much or how little I do.

Since I got up, not feeling so good. Not happy. Depressed, and at the same time, feeling numb. Feeling nothing.

Maybe this is a natural thing, a natural process, the lows coming after the highs.

But I wish it wasn't so. Kind of ruins the good moments.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

August 2014

S M T W T F S
242526272829 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.