Photo

from the ashes, a phoenix rises

Posted by Gwynna , 05 September 2010 · 54 views

I shall be the phoenix that rises from the ashes. I surround myself with artwork that is hopeful....strong women, mystical women, women who rise from the ashes. I am touched by life. There is so much joy and so much sorrow. Part of my support system was my dog. A loving, sensitive and gentle friend for me and all of my people inside. Only a week ago, he collapsed. Just a few days ago, I helped him cross over to a place where this is no more pain. He had bone cancer and it came on quickly. It is hard for me to let my animals go, but, they always tell me when it is time. I just didn't want it to be now. He was so sweet. He always listened. He always loved. He was the kind and gentle presence I never had as a child. He loved me no matter what. He loved me if I was grumpy, happy, weighing more than I wanted to.............I will miss him, though I feel his spirit near.

I'm sorry

December 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.