Photo

The Eve of Christmas

Posted by SFP , 24 December 2012 · 20 views

Family gatherings bring along with it Christmas triggers. I'm surprised at the emotions that I am having, and have for the last few days.
My mother is in town, not to excited about it and I feel bad because of it. I love my mother, but damn if I am not still angry at her. Getting together with the whole family tomorrow, not looking forward to that either. We aren't a close family really, and it's only lately that I have come to see this. I wonder is this my depression talking or a reality of which I didn't want to see, maybe a bit of both.
I will go, put the happy face on and endure it until it's over. That's sad when I think about it though, having to endure Christmas with the family but what can I say, at least I'm being honest with myself.
Take care...................

Photo
endlessocean
Dec 26 2012 02:27 AM
Thanks for sharing. I did this for years, went to the family's house for "show". I didn't go for the first time ever this year. I feel much less "spazzed out" and I'm glad. I am working on MY life now. I get to have my feelings, and it feels good.

March 2015

S M T W T F S
222324252627 28

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.