Photo

One more blog for the day. The apology

Posted by Orchid , 19 March 2014 · 69 views

How many of us burn from hatred because an apology was never given.

This doesn't have to be just the pedophile's apology, but maybe the apology from the spouse, the neighbor, the coworker, the boyfriend, or girlfriend.

Why is an apology so difficult.  Why is it so important?  For me it shows that the other person finally recognizes me as a human of worth.  A human that deserves and is worth an apology.

It's not about me hearing them say they did something wrong, or rubbing it in their faces.  It's about hearing that I'm of worth and value as a human.

The apology.  Most of us will go to our grave wanting an apology from someone.

I'm sorry any of us had to suffer the pain we did.

I'm sorry for the hurt you have felt.

I'm sorry no one was there for you.

I'm sorry you have suffered alone.

I value the soul within you.

I value your worth as a human.

The abuse was not your fault.

I hope you find health

I hope you find laughter

I hope you find stability

I hope you shed the behaviors, memories, and pain left from the abuse.

I hope ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo
intrepidshe
Mar 19 2014 08:48 PM

Thank you for this posting. It really touched my heart!

For me it shows that the other person finally recognizes me as a human of worth.  A human that deserves and is worth an apology.

Yes, Orchid, I know what you mean.  Receiving an apology conveys the idea that one has been seen and one's pain comprehended, which makes it a validation. This reminds me of the times when friends have forgotten to meet me or give me a lift somewhere.  This is hurtful in itself, but what hurts worse is the sense of humiliation at what seems to be a personal failure -  "She wouldn't have forgotten me if I had been more memorable; I have failed to signify anything to her".

Thank you for this and I AM sorry that you are hurting. :hug:

October 2014

S M T W T F S
2627282930 31  

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.