Photo

a new beginning

Posted by jackie19 , 29 October 2012 · 16 views

Hello my name is Jaclynn. My friends and family call me Jackie. I have never blogged before so bare with me. I am a survivor and i have not been to counselling, or to a therapist. I am pretty much doing this on my own..i want to heal and change so badly, it has been tough for me that past three years dealing with all of my emotions. I hope at the end of all of this a gain friends, my friends that do surround me dont understand or get me at all. anyway this is a new beginning to a fresh start..if that makes since

Kudos to you Jaclynn. This is a big step in the right direction for you. Please don't try to rush things. Take your time and do whats right for you. If you need someone to talk to please feel free to PM me. Safe hugs to you!

Linz.
:metoyou:

I'm so glad that you found your way here but I'm also sorry that you know pain and sorrow, too.

This healing journey is not always easy and often quite emotional but, I truly believe that if you are motivated for change, you can process, heal, and live a better life-one that you never knew existed.

If at any point you are able and willing to see a licensed mental health counsellor for talk therapy, please try it out. Finding a T that you connect with and trust can make all the difference in the world! Healing from SA, CSA, sexual violence or any trauma can often leave us survivors feeling in need of a lot of support. A T can help guide you, offer coping skills, and help you heal.

I know that is not always possible or wanted and that is okay, too. Pandys is a wonderful support and has really helped me heal in other ways.

I wish you all the best, Jackie. :)
I'm kinda doing it on my own, too...haven't seen a counselor, but I do have an awesome friend who has been there and understands. It makes such a difference just to be able to talk to somebody. I'm recently separated from my abusive husband, after finding out that he was molesting our kids, and I was also molested as a child. Just wondering now, where does this end? I need to find some answers to avoid repeating the past...again.
Counseling can be very helpful. I was doing things on my own for a while and it was very hard, when I sought counseling, it did help, to a point. Talking with others who have similar stories has also helped, S well as talking with crisis helpline, even art, writing, baking, and meditation have helped. It takes a lot to cope, more to heal, but it is easier when you have support. I hope that you can find peace, happiness, and love by doing this on your own and sharing your pain with others who've been through similar trauma, but if you ever feel like it is too much to bare on your own, remember there are counselors who can be really beneficial to your healing process and I commend everyone who had the strength and courage to speak about their own experiences. To remain hidden in the dark alone, it is destructive and a lot more painful and lonely. No one deserves to be hurt and no one asks for it to happen to them; I hope that one day the word "victim" will no longer be a word, I hope the harm done can mend and stop happening, but until that day comes, I will continue to talk about it and help others as they help me through this difficult and painful situation. Good luck to everyone, much happiness, love, and peace I wish you on your path of healing. To those who are there for victims, thank you, it means a lot that you care.

Kudos to you Jaclynn. This is a big step in the right direction for you. Please don't try to rush things. Take your time and do whats right for you. If you need someone to talk to please feel free to PM me. Safe hugs to you!Linz.

thank you for taking the time and replying to my blog..it means alot to me...if i ever need anyone to talk to i will pm you..thank you :rolleyes:

:metoyou: I'm so glad that you found your way here but I'm also sorry that you know pain and sorrow, too. This healing journey is not always easy and often quite emotional but, I truly believe that if you are motivated for change, you can process, heal, and live a better life-one that you never knew existed. If at any point you are able and willing to see a licensed mental health counsellor for talk therapy, please try it out. Finding a T that you connect with and trust can make all the difference in the world! Healing from SA, CSA, sexual violence or any trauma can often leave us survivors feeling in need of a lot of support. A T can help guide you, offer coping skills, and help you heal. I know that is not always possible or wanted and that is okay, too. Pandys is a wonderful support and has really helped me heal in other ways. I wish you all the best, Jackie. :)

i am trying to make it through it day by day..some days its easy and some day i dont want to even be alive...my mom always tells me their is a light at the end of the tunnel...i know one day i will be alright...thank you for taking time :rolleyes:

I'm kinda doing it on my own, too...haven't seen a counselor, but I do have an awesome friend who has been there and understands. It makes such a difference just to be able to talk to somebody. I'm recently separated from my abusive husband, after finding out that he was molesting our kids, and I was also molested as a child. Just wondering now, where does this end? I need to find some answers to avoid repeating the past...again.

i am so sorry that that happened to your kids :unsure:
it breaks my heart to hear that...because you know how it feels...the worst feeling in the world is having you children feel the same pain and feelings that you did during the time it happened.The same thing happened...my mother was molested by her father..when she found out that i went through the same thing it broke her heart...anyway thank you for commenting...i hope the best for you and your babies :metoyou:

Counseling can be very helpful. I was doing things on my own for a while and it was very hard, when I sought counseling, it did help, to a point. Talking with others who have similar stories has also helped, S well as talking with crisis helpline, even art, writing, baking, and meditation have helped. It takes a lot to cope, more to heal, but it is easier when you have support. I hope that you can find peace, happiness, and love by doing this on your own and sharing your pain with others who've been through similar trauma, but if you ever feel like it is too much to bare on your own, remember there are counselors who can be really beneficial to your healing process and I commend everyone who had the strength and courage to speak about their own experiences. To remain hidden in the dark alone, it is destructive and a lot more painful and lonely. No one deserves to be hurt and no one asks for it to happen to them; I hope that one day the word "victim" will no longer be a word, I hope the harm done can mend and stop happening, but until that day comes, I will continue to talk about it and help others as they help me through this difficult and painful situation. Good luck to everyone, much happiness, love, and peace I wish you on your path of healing. To those who are there for victims, thank you, it means a lot that you care.

i really want to go see a T...the only thing is not having money or insurance..it really sucks because i really want to open up to someone and try to change...i really want to change and get through this huge mountain in my life...i know i will make it through this...i know it will take time of course..thank you for replying and thank you agian :rolleyes:

August 2014

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.