Photo

What is happening to my Mand's? (TW swearing)

Posted by Mand , 09 March 2014 · 87 views

I am pleased that I managed to not SH. When DD triggered me, and Manderoo was ready to be punished, Maternal Mand stepped. She comforted and reassured Manderoo. And after several hours, I felt 'safe'. But now.....now I am feeling angry. And I don't 'do' anger. Not really. Because anger=pain and violence and not being safe. So I look to my inner land scape. And all I can see, all I can FUCKING see is The Bad Parent. And their face is red and angry and pushed up against the glass that is in the window of my mind. I can access no other, and the fear is coursing through me as I write this and my heart is racing and I am FUCKING terrified.

I can't believe how frightened I feel, I can't believe the anger I feel. Because The Bad Parent has been thwarted.

I will run and hide. I will be quiet. I will make myself small. I'm sorry daddy, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I did not mean to be bad, please don't hurt me, I'm sorry.

Photo
angelica1966
Mar 09 2014 06:26 PM
(((Mand))) sitting with you...waiting 'til you're ready to walk again...
Thanks A. You helped a lot. The Bad Parent has gone for now.
Photo
intrepidshe
Mar 09 2014 10:27 PM

Mand, I'm glad Bad Parent is gone for now. Keep breathing, slowly in, slowly out. Work your coping strategies. The fear today is not the violence of yesterday. I know it's hard to hold onto that idea.

Sitting with you as you work through this.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.