Photo

another reason...

Posted by missophelia , 10 February 2013 · 50 views

To not give up.

I mentioned that I gave up on my talents. Art being one of them.

When I was 12, I sent some drawings to the great American artist, Norman Rockwell. I admired his work. I wanted him to see my drawings, and I wanted some advice from him.

This is the reply I got in return.

Attached Image

click on picture to see larger

Another reason for me to not give up. Not today.

Never.

Wow.

That is amazing.

It is all still inside you. Please don't give up.

My T told me to 'write a piano piece for my 11yo self' as piano is my 'thing'. I thought this was unlikely to help but did it (I was desperate so prepared to do anything) and it unleashed such emotions and became a powerful too, for healing.

Have you done anything like this with your art?
Photo
missophelia
Feb 11 2013 05:52 AM
Susanna

Thank you.

For the longest time, I gave up on my art. But I have done a bit in the past few years, and am trying to work through some problems I've had lately doing any art at all. But I'm involved with the art room at my VA hospital. Last year I had a painting win 3rd place nationally for the VA art competition. This year's show is this Wednesday.

I think that's great that you were able to write a piano piece. Music is very powerful. I use music too, I play. But I can see how it would bring out all of the emotions for you that it did. I hope you can keep it up. It can help you with your healing, most definitely.

Take gentle care of you.
Photo
88fingersMA
Feb 11 2013 07:35 AM
What a blessing you both are! I would love to see your painting (any art work) Missophelia and I would love to hear your piano piece Susanna. You both have beautiful gifts!
Photo
missophelia
Feb 11 2013 07:00 PM
88fingers

Thank you!

Check out my gallery here. My painting that won 3rd place is there, it is called Noah and His Ark. Pics of some of my other artwork are there too.

And I would love to hear Susanna play her piano piece too!

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
1920 21 22232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.