Rayney

• Content count

• Last visited

About Rayney

1. What an awesome thread!! I love quotes and these are just a few of my favorites for where I am right now.... Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak Whispers the o're-fraught heart, and bids it break {The Tragedy of Macbeth, IV, iii) Shakespeare Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear Ambrose Redmoon Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door Saul Bellow Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you - all of the expectations, all of the beliefs - and becoming who you are Rachel Naomi Remen You gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." Eleanor Roosevelt And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom Anais Nin Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours Ayn Rand After awhile you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul and you learn that love doesn't mean possession and company doesn't mean security. And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes ahead with the grace of an adult not the grief of a child. And you learn to build your roads today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and futures have ways of falling down in mid-flight. After awhile you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much so you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure that you really are strong and you really do have worth and you learn and you learn... Veronica A. Shoffstall Rayney