• Content count

• Last visited

About dragonfly218

Profile Information

• Gender identity
    Female
  • Membership Type
    Survivor
  1. I read this and I'm sorry you went through this. You're brave.
  2. These all sound like red flags to me. Sorry he was like that.
  3. I experience this sometimes too. Some men are so stupid. Sorry you're going through this, I can definitely relate to your last line.
  4. I completely understand. I try to explain why I get upset over something that seems harmless to him and it doesn't make sense. I can't explain, but he loves me anyway. Sorry you're feeling like this.
  5. Yay!
  6. Wow, that is shocking. I'm glad you're calling your T. Sitting with you if you want.
  7. This is a difficult one. Maybe you could ask them not to bring him up? That you would rather not hear about him, without bringing up specific reasons. I think those memories will always come up, just get easier to handle over time. Therapy would probably help. Maybe taking some deep breaths and going to a safe place to relax...whether it's a physical place or in your head?
  8. This is awesome! You'll get a lot accomplished together. I'm happy for you .
  9. I hope you feel better!
  10. ((((((Wwr)))))) I just want you to know that I can relate to your words and it's normal to feel these things. I think you're awesome and you deserve to be happy and heal. You will get better and make a difference in the world, that's what my gut feeling is. You already make a difference for the people here, including myself. Pity party days are okay, getting these thoughts out are okay. There is no right way to heal. Message me if you want.
  11. I think it's normal. When I think about having kids, I get this warm, loving feeling thinking about my boyfriend being an amazing father, me being a great mother...like you said having someone we love unconditionally and is part of both of us. Then I get terrified thinking of the awful things that could happen to them, knowing I can't protect them from everything. I think it's just a gamble. Protect and teach them the best you can and be there for them no matter what. Could you just tell your husband what you wrote here? It's written well. I know it's scary, but I think you can do it and he would most likely understand. Maybe have him read this post?
  12. I'm sorry you had to go through that, he's a monster. You're brave for sharing your story here and reaching out. Message me anytime if you want to talk.
  13. Could you call AC or a friend to come get you? Or maybe say you're going to sleep, then go in a room that locks so you don't have to worry about him or making a mistake?
  14. I understand what you're saying. I'm a bit short on words, but I'm glad you got this out. Steph
  15. I feel this completely. This is my story, too. Thank you for sharing this.