• Website URL
    http://thescarleti.blogspot.com

Profile Information

• Gender identity
    Female
  • Membership Type
    Survivor
  • Interests
    Arts and crafts, handspinning, computers, being a wife and Mom, reading, writing, no 'rithmatic.
  1. As an FYI, The Turning Point, which serves Collin County (including Plano, Allen, McKinney, Fairview, Frisco, and parts of Carrollton and Dallas) now has a different website: http://www.theturningpoint.org/ They also now have a toll free crisis line that's available 24/7: (800) 886-7273
  2. The Obama administration has launched a website for survivors of sexual assault that provides information and resources within the United States, including a search engine to locate crisis centers in your area: https://www.notalone.gov/
  3. The TX Attorney General has resources on his website for services and training regarding sexual assault: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/victims/sapcs.shtml He also endorses RAINN This website provides a full list of crisis centers in Texas, complete with an interactive map so you can find the one closest to you: http://www.hopelaws.org/crisis-center-locator/ The above site also has information for legal help and your rights as a victim.
  4. Congratulations!!!
  5. I think this article responds to the whole "Get over it" refrain brilliantly: http://emergingfrombroken.com/standing-up-to-damaging-advice-and-overcoming-trauma-directives/
  6. Without Pandy's, I never would have found the courage to believe that I deserve a better life and true healing.
  7. I've been a member of Pandy's five years as of last month. What I have learned from being here is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is NOT an oncoming train.
  8. For the Denver metro area: http://www.raap.org/ RAAP - Rape Assistance and Awareness Program Contact Numbers: English 24/7 hotline: (303) 322-7273 Spanish (Espanol) 24/7 hotline: (303) 329-0031 Toll-free hotline for Lincoln and Elbert counties: (888) 394-8044 TTY hotline, available 9:00AM - 5:00PM MST: (303) 329-0023 Programs and Services Offered by RAAP (for male and female victims age 13 and over unless otherwise specified): Victim advocacy Low-cost counseling Abuse prevention training Self-protection and Empowerment Training (SET) for women and girls ages 9 and up Community Canvass (door-to-door fundraising effort in the Denver area) 16- and 24-week support groups RAAP serves nine counties in the Denver area. They associate with multiple community partners that provide other services as listed in their website. They also have an extensive book list in their website's Resources section. I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of women from RAAP a few months ago at a booth they had set up to raise funds and awareness for self-defense classes they were offering. They had heard of Pandy's and were excited to talk about us!
  9. Just wanted to offer my support here too. DH and I went through some pretty rough patches for a while during my healing. EMDR opened a serious can of worms... I'm surprised he had anything to do with me, and I went through feeling the way you did too, like dang man, here we married all shiny and happy and thinking everything was going to be fine, then BOOM! We've kind of gone through the same thing in reverse while he's now dealing with his wounds from his past. It's shifted a lot around in our relationship... we were both attracted to wounded people, and now we're changing into something else on both ends. It's scary at times, and I've sometimes thought well, now what? What will we have? Will it be better or will we end up being roommates who don't even know each other anymore? Body memories are awful and I'm sorry that's happening to you. I still remember DH watching me as I was crying and crouching on our sofa while trying to push away hands that I felt on me when I was 12. The look on his face said it all and I wish he never had to experience that.
  10. Seanna, Hope it's okay to comment... first off I'm sorry you're struggling so much. I've been there, done that, and I understand how it is to feel like you're in over your head. Are you seeing a counselor at the moment? If not it sounds like it may be time to consider this option. If your work has an EAP (Employee Assistance Program), I recommend going through that. It's confidential, they will NEVER tell your work that you're seeking help, I've found counselors who talk to you through an EAP line are wonderfully compassionate and many of them have struggled with things themselves. They cannot provide professional counseling over the line but they are often warm, validating, and supportive. If they determine you need therapy they will coordinate with you to find someone through their network, and you get up to 8 sessions for free per year. If you need more they can provide suggestions, or if you also have health insurance they can try to refer you to someone who will be covered under your plan so you'll only have to pay copays for office visits after the EAP benefits have expired. As for your colleague's comment, unless she's a supervisor she isn't able to say whether you're going to lose your job. Even if she tattled on you about your performance to your boss, it's still up to your boss to talk to you about it, and even then most workplaces tend to follow a performance improvement plan for employees who are struggling. It's much more benefit to them to try and help you out and save your job than to have to terminate you, hire someone new, and go through the time and money of training that person to get to where you are. I don't know how open-door your supervisor is but hopefully if he/she approaches you or notices your performance has gone down, you can say you're struggling with personal issues (you don't even have to disclose what they are), and you could use some help by way of suggestions as to what the company offers on that end. Again, if there's an EAP benefit where you work, it's a great option, and if not then hopefully your boss is a kind-hearted enough person to help you get through this in a way that benefits you the most. Hang in there Seanna. Again I'm sorry for your struggles and I hope things get better for you soon.
  11. Very powerful...
  12. 1. My parents did nothing when my brother abused me and I turned to them for help. NOTHING. My mother alternated between labeling it as normal behavior or blaming me, and my father didn't even say boo. He only acknowledged knowing about it when I asked him several years after it started. 2. My parents befriended my rapist when he started attending their church - and they knew about the rape. 3. My ex-husband ended up sexually abusing me despite pretending to be supportive and condemning the abuse I endured. 4. My ex, at least I suspect, has gotten my oldest to turn against me and not speak to me because I cut off contact with him and will not pander to his mind games anymore. 5. My MIL twisted my situation to use it against me at her convenience and has tried to insinuate that my estrangement with my family of origin is my fault now that her son (my husband) refuses to tolerate her abuse... and yes she knows I'm an incest survivor.
  13. Hey Heidi, We have a Resources area where you can post RCC lines for others who may need them. There is a section for Australia if you want to share about it there