Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

• Gender identity
    Female
  • Membership Type
    Survivor
  1. Wouldn't this old world be better If the folks we meet would say, "I know something good about you!" And then treat us just that way? Wouldn't it be fine and dandy If each handclasp warm and true Carried with it this assurance, "I know something good about you!" Wouldn't life be lots more happy, If the good that's in us all Were the only thing about us That folks bothered to recall? Wouldn't life be lots more happy, If we praised the good we see? - For there's such a lot of goodness In the worst of you and me. Wouldn't it be nice to practice That fine way of thinking, too?- You know something good about me! I know something good about you! ~Author Unknown~
  2. Ugly - Sugababes When I was 7 They said I was strange I noticed that my eyes and hair weren't the same I asked my parents if I was OK They said you're more beautiful And that's the way they show that they wish They had your smile So my confidence was up for a while I got real comfortable with my own style I knew that they were only jealous cos People are all the same And we only get judged by what we do Personality reflects name And if I'm ugly then So are you So are you There was a time when I felt like I cared That I was shorter than everyone there People made me feel like life was unfair And I did things that made me ashamed Cos I didn't know my body would change I grew taller than them in more ways But there will always be the one who will say Something bad to make them feel great People are all the same And we only get judged by what we do Personality reflects name And if I'm ugly then So are you So are you People are all the same And we only get judged by what we do Personality reflects name And if I'm ugly then So are you So are you Everybody talks bad about somebody And never realises how it affects somebody And you bet it won't be forgotten Envy is the only thing it could be Cos people are all the same (The same, the same) And we only get judged by what we do (What we do, yeah, yeah) Personality reflects name And if I'm ugly then (Yeah, you) So are you So are you People are all the same (Oh, oh, oh) And we only get judged by what we do (What we do, yeah) Personality reflects name And if I'm ugly then (Yeah, so are you) So are you So are you
  3. Comes the dawn After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't always mean security and you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes ahead with the grace of a woman not the grief of a child and you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow 's ground is too uncertain for plans and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight. After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much so you plant your garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure that you really are strong and you really have worth and you learn and you learn with every goodbye you learn. Written by Veronica A.Shoffstall I apologise if this has already been posted, i did look through and couldn't see it xx
  4. Age: 26 years old Height: 5ft 6" Hair: Layered, shoulder length, red/brown at the moment Weight: Ha, i have bulimia and so don't like telling my weight 1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT I live with my mum and my 3 younger brothers 2.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Just finished reading The little prisoner - Jane Elliott 3.WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing 4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME? N/A 5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE? N/A 6.FAVORITE SMELLS? Freshly cut grass 7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? Too many 8.FAVORITE SOUND? The ocean 9.WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? A whole range of them 10.WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? I'll lie here a little longer 11.FAVORITE COLOR? Pink or purple 12.HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? I don't answer the phone much, i have a phone phobia 13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Not sure i want children 14.WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? My family, and finding peace within myself. Having compassion for others 15.FAVORITE FOODS? Anything that's bad for me 16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate 17.DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? I can't drive 18.DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? No 19.STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? Scary 21.IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE? Alice Sebold/Tori Amos, can't choose just the one 22.FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? JD & coke 23.WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Libra 24.DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes 25.IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I would love to work helping others who've been raped, or are suffering from ED's 26.IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOUR? It's dyed at the moment 27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE? I think so 28.IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? I'm a bit of a pessimist, so half empty, trying to change that though 29.FAVORITE MOVIES? Pulp fiction, Trainspotting, Donnie Darko, Butterfly Effect, White oleander 30.DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? No 31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED? A suitcase 32.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 2 33.FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Not keen on sports 34. FAVORITE MUSICAL ARTISTS? Bright eyes, Tori Amos, Alanis Morissette, Rilo Kiley, Christina Aguilera, lots of others 35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS? British soaps, documentaries about things i'm interested in 36.FAVORITE CITY? Vienna 37.NAME OF FIRST PET? Rabbit called snowy 38.FAVORITE SONG? I couldn't possibly choose just one 39. FAVORITE ACTOR (male & female) Not sure
  5. I agree with those who've posted up Lucky and The lovely bones, both by Alice Sebold. Definitely worth mentioning again, Lucky was truly inspiring I have just this minute finished reading The little prisoner - Jane Elliott. I read it in 1 day. Hugely triggering, similar to the Dave Pelzer books which i've also read, but showed that with strength and courage, even the very worst and unimaginable of abuse can be overcome.
  6. I think most of the ones i can think of have already been posted. Hope this one hasn't though Blackbird flying - The Beatles Blackbird singing in the dead of night Take these broken wings and learn to fly All your life You were only waiting for this moment to arise. Blackbird singing in the dead of night Take these sunken eyes and learn to see All your life You were only waiting for this moment to arise Blackbird fly Into the light of the dark black night Blackbird fly Into the light of the dark black night Blackbird singing in the dead of night Take these broken wings and learn to fly All your life You were only waiting for this moment to arise.