About AnnieB123

• Birthday 08/14/1959

Profile Information

• Gender identity
    Female
  • Membership Type
    Survivor
  • Interests
    Writing poetry, singing at church, eating at Denny's and avoiding responsibilities. By dumb luck, I happen to be good at every last one of them. ;-)
  1. I'm sorry that this happened to you. It doesn't matter how long ago it happened. I can tell you with certainty that every time you re-live it, it's as vivid and real as it was on the night that your circle of safety was pierced. I'm curious, is it a relative, or had you dated for a while? Do you still have to come into contact with him? Were you able to go to the police and press charges, or was that not an option? If you so choose, you can answer me by going to my profile page, and my screen name is AnnieB123. I hope the counseling session helped today. You're in my prayers. I hope that's okay. Just remember: one thing I found out about myself that surprised me was - I am MUCH STRONGER than I originally thought myself to be.
  2. If I were you, I would ignore her completely and distance yourself from her. If she demands on talking to you, agree to meet, but then you be the first one to talk. Tell her to her face how much she disappointed and hurt you. Tell her to her face that your relationship with your family is not the same because of her. Tell her to her face that you will never trust her completely again. You have every right to do that. Only YOU can decide what should and should not be told, and to whom, and how. Are you going to be able to press charges? Annie
  3. Dear Dangerous: My name is Annie, which in light of the fact that my screen name is AnnieB123 was kind of a stupid thing to tell you now that I think about it. Anyway, I'm still relatively new around here. I don't know how long you've been hanging around. I'm telling you this just in case I sound stupid. I don't want to be the first-grader who's trying to preach to the senior. I don't know of what faith you happen to be. I don't know your age or anything else for that matter. But there are a few things that I know. (And by the way, before I forget, I'm 52, single, USA, humbly adorable and usually crazy as they come..... ) Whether or not you've already considered this, I don't know. But as for the friend who insisted on giving you the hug, and then handed you off to other people, despite your pleas not to be touched, she was very disrespectful, to say the least. This is just me, but I personally would meet her someplace like Denny's or something, and over a hot cup of coffee, I would say, "Okay, now I have to tell you something. I cannot even tell you how hurt I was by what you did. That would be no different than if you told me not to AB&C and I violated those boundaries because I thought I knew better than you about what was appropriate and what you needed." Of course that's just me. And in case you're wondering, I would choose that kind of environment because I hate confronting people in any way, and when I'm in a restaurant, I know I can keep my emotions in check. There's also a safety factor, in that I know it would also force the other person to keep their emotions in check as well, so there would be no verbally escalated bantering. I'm curious why you have chosen si to deal with your pain. How long have you been doing that? You mentioned being in an art class. I would guess that would mean that you're a very creative person. If you're creative in that regard, I wonder if you have ever tried writing as an avenue to deal with your pain, or joys for that matter. Writing happens to be one of my favorite things to do. Is there any significant anniversary that's approaching? I don't have a computer of my own, but I'm able to use other people's computers. I would love to talk with you more. Please tell me more about yourself. How old are you? Do you have any kids? What are your favorite things to do? Are you in the United States or a different country? And then I'd like to know more about Hannah. How did you meet and how long were you friends? How long has it been since she died? Are your parents still alive? Do you have any siblings? Did Hannah have any family that you could stay in contact with? If she does, it may help everyone involved if you could share your feelings with each other and keep her memory alive. I hope you understand that I'm not asking these questions to be intrusive in any way. I'm indescribably sorry if that's how it sounds. Please don't let me scare you off. I'll let you go. Take care of yourself and I hope to talk to you soon. If you would want to e-mail me you can. My e-mail address is alittleslow59@yahoo.com. In the subject line, just put Pandy's Blog. I'll understand what that means. I hope it's okay that you're in my prayers. Annie
  4. I just wanted to say I'm sorry that you're going through this. It is bad enough that it happened to begin with, but that we have to relive everything is almost like double-jeopardy. I wish there was something I could say to you, or rub your heartache with novicane. But there's not. I hope everything gets better for you. Have a very blessed week. Annie
  5. So instead of having chicken wings for dinner some night this week, perhaps you could "arrange" to have African Gray Parrot wings! Maybe you should carry a cross with you and every time he gets out and is noodling up revenge against you, stick that cross right up in the devil's face. That'll teach him. Or maybe instead of a cross, use a meat cleaver. P Just a thought. Glad you were spared! Annie