• Last visited

3 Followers

About jsbpdx

Profile Information

• Gender identity
    Female
  • Membership Type
    Survivor
  1. I understand what you mean. Yesterday someone who I thought was a dear friend told me "you need to stop putting yourself in situations where you are going to get hurt like this. It happens because you trust people too much. It never would have happened to me because I dont trust anyone enough".
  2. I chose to not report. I did not tell anyone for months. I was terrified by the threats and humiliated. I felt like I should have known better than to be in that position. Because I work in the mental health field I felt like I should be able to "fix" it all. I had always been one of those people who lectured others about not reporting a crime. But after the horror of reporting my father, I knew that I could never go down that road again. I sometimes look back (It has been five and a half years) and wonder if things would have been different if I had reported them and what they did to me. But hindsight is 20/20, and on the whole I am glad that I didn't report it.
  3. "You are too strong to let this destroy you. Jeanette, you are brilliant. I refuse to believe that this will be your legacy. You will more than survive. You will thrive."
  4. AGE: will be 29 next month 5'8", dark brown hair w/ blonde hilights, as far as weight, lets just say it is a work in progress 1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT house in the city 2.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? textbooks are about all I have time for 3.WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? no mouse pad...laptop 4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME? monopoly 5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE? uh...don't know that I have one 6.FAVORITE SMELLS? daffodils, gardenia, nagchampa 7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? cut grass 8.FAVORITE SOUND? rain 9.WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? being used 10.WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? ugh.... 11.FAVORITE COLOR? pink and purple 12.HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? depends on a combination of who it is and how long it takes me to get there 13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? not so sure about future, but I have a little Mary and an Eryn (two little girls) 14.WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? practicing patience and compassion with all that I meet 15.FAVORITE FOODS? avacados, hummus 16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? vanilla 17.DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? yes 18.DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? nope 19.STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? depends on the storm 21.IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE? Mother Teresa 22.FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? washington apple 23.WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? leo 24.DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? YES! 25.IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? It is a toss up. It would either be to have my own group home for adolescents or have a jazz night club where I could sing every night! 26.IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOUR? love my hair like it is 27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE? yes...too many times 28.IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? depends on the day 29.FAVORITE MOVIES? not sure if I have just one...I go through phases 30.DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? always 31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED? nothing 32.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 7 33.FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? college football (GO DUCKS!) 34. FAVORITE MUSICAL ARTISTS? tracy bonham, KT Tunstall 35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS? SVU, Greys Anatomy, Private Practice 36.FAVORITE CITY? Portland 37.NAME OF FIRST PET? my cat named licorice 38.FAVORITE SONG? can't pick one 39. FAVORITE ACTOR (male & female) ???
  5. 1. It was really my fault because I chose to trust an addict 2. It was really my fault because I didn't listen to my gut 3. It was really my fault because I gave him a ride home 4. It was really my fault because when I got to the house I knew something was wrong 5. It was really my fault because I went into the back garage with a room full of men high on drugs 6. It was really my fault because I took a drink from them so I could take the edge off that not right feeling 1. It wasn't my fault because I screamed no 2. It wasn't my fault because I tried to get away 3. It wasn't my fault because I begged my friend to make them all stop 4. It wasn't my fault because he admitted it was rape when he left 5. It wasn't my fault because I tried to help a friend 6. It wasn't my fault because I wasn't able to get away from five men