babycakes

• Content count

• Last visited

1 Follower

About babycakes

• Rank
    What if I'm a mermaid?
  1. I think that those are great suggestions. I think that something similar has already been suggested, but when it happens to me I focus on something solid in the room (a wall, curtains, a wardrobe) and tap my foot, and say aloud 'I'm here, it's ok, I'm going to be ok because I'm here and nothing can hurt me' etc. If my boyfriend is with me, he chimes in and holds me or strokes my head if I want, and agrees with and repeats what I say. It helps.
  2. I heard this on the radio today, driving home to my mum's, and the chorus grabbed me... The verses aren't so applicable to me, but might be to others. It's by an artist called Jamelia (I think she's British), and it's called Thank You. [Verse 1:] The fights, those nights I tried to pretend it don't hurt The way, I prayed Someday that you would love me Really, completely Just how I wanted it to be But no, so wrong Can't believe I stayed with you so long [b-Chorus:] You hit, you spit, you split, ever-y bit of me, yeah You stole, you broke, you're cold You're such a joke to me, yeah [Chorus:] For every last bruise you gave me For every time I sat in tears For the million ways you hurt me I just wanna tell you this You broke my world, made me strong Thank you Messed up my dreams, made me strong Thank you [Verse 2:] My head, near dead Just the way you wanted it My soul, stone cold Cos I was under you're control So young, so dumb Knew just how to make me succumb But I un-derstand To make yourself feel like a man [b-Chorus:] You hit, you spit, you split, ever-y bit of me, yeah You stole, you broke, you're cold You're such a joke to me, yeah [Chorus:] For every last bruise you gave me For every time I sat in tears For the million ways you hurt me I just wanna tell you this You broke my world, made me strong Thank you Messed up my dreams, made me strong Thank you [Middle eight:] You coulda had it all babe It coulda been so right I woulda given you everything Morning through night Yeah, you taught me some lessons Those are my blessings That won't happen again Thank you [Chorus till end] It's a great song - I'm sure those of you not in Britain can hear it on the net (assuming she IS British, and I'm not just imaging that).
  3. Boosting this, months after the last post... because I know that it helped me a lot. An awful lot. Thank you.