Photo

Better?

Posted by Zeith , 20 June 2012 · 58 views

It's been some time since I wrote something down and in comparison I think I feel a little better but am I?

My husband says he feels I'm going back to who I used to be, stronger, decided and what not but in the end I still feel lost, I still feel unbalanced... so, what's true? Am I really getting better?

It's not like I've fixed anything, I still have the same problems in bed with my husband and with my subconcious, I feel definitely better because I'm walking better and that gives me a little more freedom around the house but I'm still stuck inside this 4 walls... well, more than 4 but I've always been a creature of wandering, walking, running, doing something here and there, that's one of the things that have me crawling everytime I get a job but at least a job keeps me doing something outside the house, even if this house is my home I don't feel comfortable been inside it all the time, I need to do something outside... and at the same time I feel the energy to do things is sliping through my fingers every morning.

Waking up late... later than usual at least, moving around the house like a zombie for a couple hours, then ACTUALLY doing something like washing the dishes, organizing or cleaning... then the computer, I draw, I write, I read... but I feel like I'm not doing anything in the end because there's no purpose or something like that.

What I'm I doing? What I'm I doing it for?

After we lost Yukiko (our dog) I started feeling quite empty and soon after I broke my leg and lost all inspiration to draw... no, that would be a lie, I didn't lose my inspiration I just lost the conection between the world of fantasy and amazement in my head and my hands... it's like the link is broken, I no longer have the ability to create something outside the walls of my head, maybe because I'm unable to change the world outside of my house... or I don't know... I no longer have an answer to what's going on or a way to fix it, sincerely a bigger issue for me is this... What I am without drawing? Is there something else as a purpose for me in life, other than drawing? I haven't found it yet... if there is something else and what if I don't want that?

Many time I've thought about a different life, a life without the complications this passion brough me, I've had my mother and father and teachers and everyone else and the dog against me and my drawings, often I found myself afraid of moving forward because I could hear their voices telling me it was all a waste of time, telling me I would never make it, but honestly I most of the time ignored them because it doesn't matter, because knowing it won't be easy doesn't make it better or doesn't take away the need to take a pencil and a piece of paper... THAT WAS ME, the line and dots created over a blank canvas, the colors, the textures... ALL THAT WAS ME and now it's those voices 10 times stronger, pushing me back, stopping me before I begin anything... and sincerely, this is not me.

Am I getting better or worse? Am I settling with what I have, what I can get?

I've considered a life without my "passion" and it's often an idea of working as a manager or assistant 'cause I'm good with data and computers, I've always been good at editing, controlling, adjusting, fixing... I would be good for many things, but would it really make me happy? I often considere this options but then I think of when I'm 50 or 60 and see my grandchildren, what would I tell them? What about the magic I dreamt about when I was a kid like them? What kind of example would I set for them if I gave up on what made me incredibly happy? Not to mention, would I blame them? or my parents? for the decision I made? All because I thought it would be easier? I rather not

Then again, I find myself in this situation... having so much troubles and issues around me I cannot fix and I still have to keep moving forward, keep writting, keep thinking... keep drawing... How can I do it? How can I go back to that part of myself? I used to be able to move forward no matter what... Now I'm stuck no matter what I do...

Help is an understatement of what I need...

The last psychologist I saw told me I was evading the issue, the key one she said... that all my technics to cope and keep moving forward were just a way for me to avoid addressing the big issue, because everything could be okay, because everything was fine, but the moment those technics failed I would fall back and lose everything I had built... she was damn right, but I haven't been able to go back, see her and talk to her... so what do I do on my own?

Last resort is going to be reading more... since I haven't been able to find the information I want and the books I need on the internet I'm taking advantage that my husband is going to the city on saturday to spend a little time on the University's library, I hope that helps a little cause he goes there 2 times a month, I would have to wait another 3 weeks before I'm able to visit the library again... I must take advantage of it.

Also I hope this will help me relax and connect with my husband a little, I really don't know what to do with him, I love him of course but I'm still really stressed about what would happen if I don't fix that issue soon, I've heard this problems cause divorce in most cases before the 4th year is over so... I have to do something, I don't want to lose him. Hopefully reading will also help me with this.

Anyway, let's hope for the best and wish me luck >.<!! I'll need it.

April 2015

S M T W T F S
26 27282930  

Recent Entries

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.