gritgirl's Blog

Photo

mother is visiting

Posted by gritgirl , 04 July 2015 · 36 views

I feel sort of stunned and I'm waiting for the ball to drop. I've had a good visit with my mother - I have my voice which is HUGE ... I can tell her with feeling about my world - my trips with my husband and son - and also say things like Mom that's too negative... when she goes into her sad stories around my son. She listened. It's simply good to have my...

Photo

negativity and self-care

Posted by gritgirl , 23 June 2015 · 82 views

I am so tired but want to write to remind myself that I am here and wanting to heal.
I am aware of a strong negative streak in myself - strong feelings of disappointment of rejecting my experience as not good enough and pushing away my DH with anger and criticism. It's very big... a big part of me. I realize that I need to own it fully if I am going to mo...

Photo

Living with disassociation

Posted by gritgirl , 14 June 2015 · 63 views

I'm writing now so to try to understand my experience. I know i am here but not fully present. I woke up with disassociation. I could tell in my response to DH, not looking at him in the eye. I drove to a party and went in the wrong direction. I couldn't recall someone's name - I felt confusion - was is this or that? My son ended up playing on a toy that...

Photo

Remember me at 13

Posted by gritgirl , 13 June 2015 · 39 views

I had intense dreams where I was looking for a way out of a park...I couldn't find my way. As the day went on I felt a grief headache - pain in my forehead. I came to my room to write and cry. I could remember myself at 13, in 8th grade right before I became severely anorexic. I was trying to grow - I was all alone and I didn't or couldn't ask anyone for...

Photo

Numbness - no awareness of the abuse

Posted by gritgirl , 01 June 2015 · 104 views

I'm curious if anyone else experiences this. I have such deep experiences of pain and dreams and body memories and other symptoms where I know I was abused without question. Then I have days where I have no awareness of being abused at all - like today. I feel like I must be really detached but I'm not even aware of being detached. I'm thinking of that Ja...

Photo

hyper anxious today

Posted by gritgirl , 29 May 2015 · 69 views

I am HYPER anxious, feeling confusion. I have so much trouble packing for a trip - I don't know what clothes to wear. I feel motherless.... someone dress me.
I am going to my college for a reunion. It's 30 years since I graduated. That's such big number. When I was at school I was in a trance - binging and purging every day sometimes 2-3 times a day. I ca...

Photo

brother as an agent for my father

Posted by gritgirl , 26 May 2015 · 46 views

I am deep in the healing and praying to stay steady. A breakthrough dream over the weekend and feelings and numbness so intense. A familiar feeling from my past today i though how did I forget this. Something with my brother and my father getting him act for him. It is all so awful. I felt so angry that my body has spontaneous sexual feelings even when i...

Photo

thoughts about mirrors

Posted by gritgirl , 24 May 2015 · 57 views

I went to sleep last night thinking about joy. How can I feel joy - my much deserved joy and live a life of joy? I woke up disoriented and disconnected . . . I'm breathing... going gently.
I'm on trip with my DH and son. There's a full length mirror here. I saw something beautiful in the mirror - a strong body ... that's me. I said to my DH do I really lo...

Photo

First, do no harm

Posted by gritgirl , 21 May 2015 · 55 views

I feel tentative - I haven't written in a while. I am very much focused on being so very very gentle and kind to myself. The memories are coming - finally. It is so hard but harder if I resist it. So I asked my DH for hugs and lots of gentleness and for him to pick up being the conversationalist in our family for a while. I need to go slow... and I feel a...

Photo

Feeling desperate

Posted by gritgirl , 11 May 2015 · 85 views

Woke last night - wide awake. i read some other blogs on Pandys - really a first for me. I feel so intensely self-focused I forget I'm not alone. I don't really know how to reach out to not be alone. 
Today I feel really really discouraged. I am so used to doing this alone I don't know any other way to be.
How do I let people in when I don't even kno...

July 2015

S M T W T F S
56 7 891011

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.