Photo

lack of support

Posted by Survivor2911 , 03 August 2014 · 56 views

I wish I had my mom's support through this hard situation. I feel like it's my fault that she doesn't support me because I can't talk to her about what happened and what I'm going through now. I know she is not capable of handling the truth of what was done. She knows generally what happened and the people involved. She knows I am in therapy too. I thought she supported me but the longer I'm in therapy, the more she seems to pull away. It's as though the more I hurt the more distant she gets. This only hurts more because we have always been very very close. I'm already dealing with so much, why can't I just have her support?
My best friend supports me, her support will have to be enough. Maybe I can heal faster if I stop wishing for my moms support and just focus on healing.
I don't know, there is a lot going on in my head.

I don't know enough about your situation to comment on it. So what I say here may not apply. 

You are in therapy trying to deal with what had happened to you. You know you are hurt. You know that you need support. Often those close to someone who has been hurt in this way also gets hurt when they find out about it. And often they just don't know how to deal with it. Their own pain. And the pain of their loved one.

Like I said, I don't know anything about your situation with you mother. What it was like, what it is like now. But maybe she is unable to cope with it as well. Maybe she also needs some professional support.

Photo
Survivor2911
Aug 04 2014 10:32 AM
Hi Candu, my mom and I were always very very close. She was like my best friend for a really long time. 3 years ago when what happened to me came to light it almost ruined our relationship. I know it will be hard for her to handle because one of the people who abused me was my brother. Which is why i dont discuss any thing with her. I don't want to make her choose between us. When I first started going to therapy she supported me, but it feels like I have lost her support. part of me want to just push her away and put up a wall, but i know that won't do either of us any good.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26272829 30   

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.