Photo

Letting us down

Posted by jsm_pdx , 15 August 2014 · 50 views

Dear Jenny,

I feel like lately I've been letting you down (which means I'm letting myself down).

I've worked so hard on trying to heal but now everything has just come crashing down. I don't know how to settle down and make things better.

Talking about what happened when I was little just turned everything upsidedown. What I thought I knew isn't really true anymore and I feel ill-equipped to handle this new reality. I don't want to give up. I've been tempted ... because this new way is so difficult and unknown to me.

I realize now I've been abusing myself again and again, or putting myself into situations where others are given the opportunity. I need to change. I want to change. I can't find the path to change.

I feel like a trapped animal that's been injured. I lashed out at my T yesterday - not in anger at her - just angry at everything in my life that hasn't been going well.

She said I've become very dark. That I need to consider medical leave from work and even mentioned intensive therapy. I don't want that for myself. I don't think I'd make it out.

I'm lost and I can't find my way.

I'm sorry I'm letting us down. I will try to do better.

August 2015

S M T W T F S
23 4 5678

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.