Photo

Confrontation

Posted by 2journeys , 24 June 2014 · 35 views

I really, really, want to confront my mother about her lack of support and the abandonment she filled me with when I was younger. I want to tell her that because of what she failed to do as a mother, to protect me, be my champion, impacted every single decision I have made. I want to scream in her face about how I grew up knowing she didn't love me. How I know she loathed the very sight of me and that I didn't warrant any affection or concern in her eyes. That I know she has no inherent human qualities.

But.....I'm a coward. I don't do it and I know I'll never do it. I know I'll never be able to express how she has damaged me to a point that feels I'll never be repaired. 

Why can't I just tell her? What is it that she continues to have on me, what hold, that can make me be intimidated and feel 5 all over again? She makes me feel so small inside no matter what age I am....

Posted Image

July 2015

S M T W T F S
   123 4

Recent Entries

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.