Learning to be Married

Photo

Brag session!

Posted by regan11 , 18 July 2014 · 130 views

Well it's finally time for a small brag session.  We have now been a month into my healing and let me tell you I never expected it to be like this.  I was really scared to begin this journey.  I had no idea what to expect.  I didn't know how I would respond, how long it would take, or how my husband would react to the layers and layers...

Photo

Birthday!

Posted by regan11 , 10 July 2014 · 72 views

Well I have now been married for 4 weeks (almost at the month mark!!!).  We are slowly finding a routine and a normal, although with my job it is kind of hard.  I am an elementary teacher so being summer I am not working.  I love being married and always having him with me.  Living with your best friend is the best feeling in the world...

Photo

Distant

Posted by regan11 , 08 July 2014 · 126 views

Well it's been a few days since I last blogged.  I really don't have much to say, but I want to document this journey and how I am feeling along the way.  My husband has been working and I've been tidying the apartment up.  We are just looking for our new normal now that we are married (3 weeks!!!).  I love him so much and am so proud...

Photo

Empty

Posted by regan11 , 30 June 2014 · 98 views

So as followers of my blog know I have been struggling to be intimate with my husband. We are recently married (2weeks!!) And are coming to terms with my past abuse and the long term effects it is having on me. We are very big on accepting and priding ourselves in the baby steps that we take. I had crazy outlandish goals at first to be an amazing wife...

Photo

encouraged

Posted by regan11 , 24 June 2014 · 103 views

Today is ok.  I feel better than I have recently.  I'm not thinking of my past abuse, but about my now and my future.  My husband is being incredible.  He's so patient and sweet and those traits are making me want to be a better version of me. 

I was running a few errands today (changing my last name!!! :) ) one of the...

Photo

Today

Posted by regan11 , 22 June 2014 · 129 views

I have been married for 9 days now.  ... and yet I feel very sad.  Not sad in my marriage.  I love my husband with all my heart.  I am sad in myself.  I knew that our physical relationship would be hard journey after the things I experienced, but I never expected it to be this difficult.  We have tried many time to be intimat...

Photo

Beginning this journey

Posted by regan11 , 21 June 2014 · 94 views

Welcome to my life. http://www.pandys.or...fault/smile.png

I am a newlywed.  In fact, I was married only a week ago.  It was the most wonderful day of my life!  I absolutely love my husband.  We had a beautiful ceremony filled with lots of little touches of our Christian faith.  I was s...

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.