ALP's Blog

Photo

A Year Or So Later: Why Now?

Posted by ALP , 02 October 2014 · 229 views

It's been a little under a year since I started to understand that something hadn't been right between my ex and I, since I woke up from a nightmare about being raped. I was freaked out at first, to say the least but I had no real understanding of what had happened. Bits and pieces slowly came back to me but what category of abuse it fell under, I didn't...

Photo

I'm Working With HIS Girlfriend !

Posted by ALP , 25 July 2014 · 188 views

I am a counselor at a day camp. A few weeks ago I found out that one of the counselors I work with is dating my ex, the same guy who R me. When people realized that she was dating my ex everyone "Ooo'd" saying there must be tension, making jokes about me being jealous. There was tension but they were so far off as to why that was. 

I see her a...

Photo

Is That What Fear Feels Like?

Posted by ALP , 08 July 2014 · 146 views

Is that what fear feels like? For years I have been told I like to be over-dramatic, that I like to look for the attention I didn't get as a child and that I was making it up. 

Six years ago I moved out of my mother's house and into my father's. Since that move I have been "over-dramatic". I was suicidal not in the sense that I wanted to take...

Photo

Hoping She Drank Enough to Not Remember?

Posted by ALP , 22 June 2014 · 145 views

Last night I went out with my older sister and her friends for the first time because I was staying with her at her apartment. My sister and I have always had a complicated relationship because we dealt with the abuse we faced as children very differently. I was the one who talked about it but was also stuck in the past. I was younger and I had it harder...

Photo

I woke up with my heart pounding for a very different reason than it had been when I went to sleep

Posted by ALP , 11 June 2014 · 184 views

I first realized what happened to me after my ex (the one who R me) came to visit me at school after we had broken up. It was after that weekend that I had my first R nightmare. A couple months later I had the next nightmare. The first two were very clearly about the R but last night I had another one and this one was different. 

I posted...

Photo

Does He Know What He Did?

Posted by ALP , 04 June 2014 · 299 views

My boyfriend abused me last year (the full story is in my first blog post) and I have understood since joining this page that it was R (though, I can't say it yet). I guess my question is, does he know what he did? We were in a sexually active relationship and for the first few months I was very happy to have sex with him. I don't totally know when or why...

Photo

What Got Me Here in the First Place

Posted by ALP , 29 May 2014 · 154 views

Rape. Sexual Assault. Sexual Abuse. Being Aggressive. I don’t know what it’s called in my story; rape sounds too harsh yet being aggressive doesn’t do it justice.

Last year I was a senior in high school and I fell in love for the first time and as of today, for the only time. He was wonderful, he got along with my family and I got...

July 2016

S M T W T F S
      1 2

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.