Photo

Exposing Secrets

Posted by bella06 , 23 May 2014 · 234 views

I asked my mom why she wouldn't talk to me about her cop boyfriend.  She would bury my conversation, or bringing up the situation, as if nothing ever happened.  The thing that bothers me even more about this is she was a victims advocate for 15 years; helping people who were victimized in all sorts of situations.  I spent half that time volunteering with her.  I asked her how she could help all those children, women, and men who were violated and victims of many other crimes; but she could not help her own daughter who was victimized by her boyfriend.  I asked her who was going to be my victims advocate at the time when I needed someone the most.  Instead of showing that she was going to support me, or be there for me in my time of need, she phoned him to pick her up and waited outside for him.

Ugh, I am so sorry your mom isn't there for you and is siding with your abuser. That is horrible and there is no excuse for that! I am absolutely, 100% on your side. I believe you.

Me too. I'm so sorry :(

Do you have someone else who will support you?

Ugh, I am so sorry your mom isn't there for you and is siding with your abuser. That is horrible and there is no excuse for that! I am absolutely, 100% on your side. I believe you.

I want to thank you for believing me and saying you're on my side.  It has made such a positive impact on everything.  Again, thank you so very much!

Me too. I'm so sorry sad.png

Do you have someone else who will support you?

Thank you so much for your support!! :) 

naw, pretty much in this alone.  My sister said it's my issue to deal with, and my older brother said everything is my fault.  The rest of my family; aunts, uncles, etc. have all sided with my mom.  I told an older cousin everything that happened, and he said he would keep it a secret as he had family problems when he came out, but he went back to my mom and ratted me out. 

Again, thank you so much!  :)

You deserve better than that hun, she should have been there for you, your family should have supported you. We are here for you, this is a safe place to talk about what happened and/or how you are feeling. Its not the same as having your family on your side or having your mom helping you through it all but we won't leave you, you're not alone, even though I know it feels that way sometimes.

Thank you for letting me know it's a safe place to talk about what happened and the feelings I am going through.  I really appreciate to know I am not going through this alone; it really helps with all my feelings.  Thanks again so much for your support.  It means so much to know there is somewhere to go and people I can talk to.

Your brother has a-lot of nerve saying it's your fault. It was NOT your fault!!!

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26272829 30   

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.