Photo

My Story - part 3

Posted by Gwynhwfar , 26 April 2014 · 79 views

*TW*

On my knees he then told me to suck him. I remember him wearing faded blue jeans, a black belt and white Y-fronts. I did as I was told. Hating him and hating myself for doing this. I hated doing it. He then made me undress. In front of the window, where anyone could see me. But there was no-one TO see me. 
Then he made me go upstairs and on the bed, where he ... where he ... 

Okay, sometimes I just can't say it. 

where he r*ped me. I don't know how long for. I tried to go some place else in my head. I was anywhere but where I was, while he carried on and on. 

Eventually he got off me. I was instructed to 'stay there - don't move'. I thought he was going to go to the bathroom and then come back for more, but I heard the front door go. Even then I only dared moved very quietly - just in case it was a game to see if I would stay still. But I looked out of the window and he was gone. 

I have spent the last 19 years telling myself that it was an affair, that I had wanted it. Because the alternative was unbearable.

I got depressed after this and came close to taking my own life. Although I saw a counsellor then, I never told them what happened to me. I think they guessed I wasn't saying something, but they didn't push.

It's taken until now. Earlier this year I was going over my whole life. I've had other stuff happen since then, and I wanted to tell my whole story to someone. I did tell them my story, except when I came to this part. When I could only say of this second day that 'I just let him'. I know this would have been enough for anyone to have understood, and yet it suddenly wasn't enough and I had to explain more. I wrote my story - in third person - and let her read it. She then told me I was/am a victim and it wasn't my fault. I still didn't want to accept that, but I'm glad I told someone. I'm starting to get there now. 

I was a victim. I'm now a survivor.

July 2015

S M T W T F S
56 7 891011

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.