Photo

What Happens Next?

Posted by harmony12 , 01 April 2014 · 41 views

Woah Woah Woah!! Pump the breaks!!!

Does anyone else feel like this year is on fast forward?

Hello, my name is Harmony Lyn and I am a survivor.  Not just of SA but of alot of things. (I survived waking up with out wanting to break my alarm clock for example..)

Life has been changing for me since I first started calling myself a survivor almost 8 years ago.  After 5 years of not wanting to ever date again, more on that in future blogs, I finally met someone that is a dream.  Not just in the smart, handsome, supportive way, but the way that he knows when I am having a moment (as I like to call it) without having to ask or say anything, and yet he doesn't make me feel like a weirdo for having my said moment.

I had a wonderful job that I loved dearly, but unfortunately the job did not love me back, and I had to go my separate ways at the end of February 2014.

SO I have to ask, what happens next?  Sure I start the application process again, and try not to lose faith.  I need to start believing that when my family, friends, and professional colleagues tell me that everything will be alright and I am not going to be unemployed forever!, it is the truth.

I also need to stop worrying so much about my past and what has happened.  I am opening a new chapter in my life and I need to not be so scared....  But how do you tell someone who lived with fear for over 5 years every day, not to be afraid??

I guess that is the lesson I am starting to learn now..

**While that is a bit of a ramble, I hope it makes a bit of sense....

Warm Regards,

Harmony Lyn

July 2016

S M T W T F S
242526 27 282930

Recent Entries

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.